PDA

View Full Version : Live Greenhouse WebCam

Oliver
03-25-2011, 05:16 PM
4-27-2011

The greenhouse is 8 ft wide by 29 ft deep. The web cam is over the door looking inward. It contains five 10 square foot grow beds. There are three 120 gallon fish tanks under GBs 1, 2 and 4 with water continuously flowing between them, and a total of about 100 pounds of tilapia in them.

Each fish tank has its own automatic fish food feeder with a eight event per day timer. One feeder can be seen on fish tank number two (located beneath grow bed number two) near the bottom of the picture.

Grow bed number one (only partially visible near the bottom of the picture) contains butter lettuce. Grow bed number two contains squash in the front, peppers on the left and zucchini on the right. Grow bed number three contains potatoes (visible on the left behind the peppers) and cucumbers on the right (not visible). I will add some still shots later with appropriate text.

http://71.121.61.47/greenhouse-1.jpg
Web Cam

jcx
03-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Better than watching paint dry, but not quite as good pet clam videos on youtube. :ugeek:

I'm just kidding... Anything is better than pet clam videos. :lol:

urbanfarmer
03-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Neat.

rfeiller
03-28-2011, 09:30 PM
i must have caught it on a bad day, it is just multicolored dots.

jcx
03-28-2011, 10:05 PM
i must have caught it on a bad day, it is just multicolored dots.

That's night time. Come back during day light hours, It's actually pretty cool = ))

rfeiller
04-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Daylite does make a difference, picture is excellent.

Oliver
04-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Update original post on Friday, 4-27-2011

urbanfarmer
04-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Oliver, what are you using to do this??

Could you be more specific?

Oliver
OH SORRY, I meant what are you using to do the live feed of the webcam??? What kind of camera can survive that kind of abuse??

Oliver
04-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Oliver, what are you using to do this??

Could you be more specific?

Oliver
OH SORRY, I meant what are you using to do the live feed of the webcam??? What kind of camera can survive that kind of abuse??

It is a Trendnet 201W. The "W" is for wireless which is not currently being used; for it is hardwired (USB through a hub) to a Mac Mini, which is also in the greenhouse. Three cameras (two on fish tanks) and the Mini have been running continuously for almost two years now.

Not much abuse here, for the greenhouse is temperature controlled.

Oliver
p.s. I took down the previous two posts quoted here, just seemed a little redundant.