PDA

View Full Version : Topsy - Turvy

JCO
04-10-2009, 12:56 PM
I've been seeing these advertised everywhere...they even sell the in Home Depot. I've given a considerable amount of thought to them and have to admit they make perfect sense in a manner...with them hanging up-side-down...you don't have to tie the vines up to give them support for their weight plus the weight of the fruit.

However, if you did a greenhouse full of them, you'd have to have some hellaschish (?) construction to support all the weight of them...couldn't be used for aquaponics or at least I don't see a way nor do I consider it feasible to even pursue to find out...just babbling about the fads that companies put out that attract $$$ out of some people's pockets.

Nothing like good ole American ingenuity to keep the grey matter bubblin’

Anyone got anything going with Tomatoes? A little input and photos would be nice to spur the world on to a better way of life. :mrgreen:

JeffW
04-10-2009, 07:10 PM
I was told those have to be certain types of tomatoes such as cherry? That would make sense since they are indeterminate. I simply let tomato plants drop over from bed or containers, did this last year and it worked :) Also grew watermelon through horizontal mounted bracing so they could hang through and that also worked but I needed a pails to hold them up after awhile..they grew on the pails with no problem just had to keep an eye on them. When you hang things they tend to obey 8-)

wolfracer
04-10-2009, 08:23 PM
When you hang things they tend to obey
LOL :lol: