PDA

View Full Version : Hello from MD

fritz_monroe
03-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Hello all, I'm very new to aquaponics. I haven't built a system yet, but am in the research stage.

I plan on putting together a small system as a proof of concept. I feel that I'll put together a system in the 20-30 gallon fish tank range. This will be an indoor system and we will use it to grow salad greens and goldfish.

After I know more about what I'm doing, I'll attempt to do the larger system with tilapia or some other food fish. I guess I'd have to heat the water for tilapia, but I've heard that channel catfish are a good cooler water fish, as are trout. But I've also heard that trout are not a beginner fish.

Thanks

rfeiller
03-22-2011, 07:05 PM
welcome to the forum,
what part of Maryland. As a kid i lived part of my life in Takoma Park. maybe you can go back and put in more information

JCO
03-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers so pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy. Please go to your profile and put in the city and state where you live, there may be members close by.:mrgreen:

davidstcldfl
03-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Hi fritz_monroe ...welcome... :D

urbanfarmer
03-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Greetings Earthling, and welcome! :mrgreen:

LinuxPro
08-04-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm reading all I can about aquaponics myself. Currently living in Glen Burnie. Contemplating renting or selling and buying a larger house on more land in Upper Marlboro. Glad to see I'm not the only one in Maryland that is interested in this. I think it has MUCH potential. :D