PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Aquaponic Stats.

cenapatuct
03-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Hi,guys!
I've been searching the web for a few days now,looking for some kind of Aquaponic statistics,charts and numbers in general-needles to say,I found nothing suitable...I'm writing a basic business plan for a (hopefully) medium scale AP operation and I need statistic info to fill in the gaps.If you have anything that can help me out,a survey for example,or anything at all-please post a link,or send me an e-mail!
Thank you,very much! :)

JCO
03-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Please go to your profile and put in your city, state etc so we know where you are from. Maybe some members are close by. :mrgreen:

badflash
03-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Please be specific about your needs.

rfeiller
03-14-2011, 09:40 PM
are you trying to put a business plan for Aquaponics together without ever having had an aquaponics setup? if so, any statistics provided would not be applicable

urbanfarmer
03-14-2011, 11:20 PM
If you'd like, I can look over your business plan and give you feedback. Let me know!

cenapatuct
03-15-2011, 05:26 AM
@ JCO: Done! I'm afraid,however,that you guys haven't even heard of the place on the map I'm from. :D Unfortunately,I'm pretty sure no one is doing AP in a thousand mile radius...

@ badflash and rfeiller: In general what I need is the advantages of AP expressed in numbers,over Hydroponics,RAS and conventional farming methods,labor efficiency,yield,environmental benefits etc. I realize how important experience is,but If the project gets approved,I'll hire some professional personnel to help me figure out how it all works. :) As mentioned-there's absolutely no one around that has a complete know-how in Aquaponics.

@ urbanfarmer: Thanks,that's extremely nice of you,but it's not really a business plan yet,it's more of a sales pitch!

GreenPhoenix
03-15-2011, 07:52 AM
Ha... actually my foster brother is from Sophia, and I have three friends from the Peace Corps who were stationed in Varna for two years! Feel free to send me an email anytime at phoenix@thegreenphoenix.com if you want to chat a bit....

As far as help for your "sales pitch," it might help if you were able to give us all some more details about the project you are trying to pitch -- i.e. crops to raise (fish vs. plants), reasons for intensive culture, location and also the groups of people you are trying to help with the project.

I will certainly help you, but I need some better direction and focus than you have provided.

Mr. Green