PDA

View Full Version : Chester County PA

unbrokenchain
02-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Hello good people:)
My name is Ethan and I am in southern chester county pa..I'm a wildlfie biologist and special educator with a passion for organic vegetable production. been growing in soil and keeping small ponds of fish for years. I heard about aquaponics a few years ago, but never put the time into learning the specifics of what it is all about. After watching Murray Hallum's video.....now I simply must set up a system this spring.
I have a ton of equipment for things like ponds, vivariums, gardening, rain barrels, recycled building materials (my inlaws own a small construction company), spare plumbing parts, etc, so i think I just need a good plan to put it all together. I am hoping that I can get my specific questions answered by some of the great folks on this site.
I am also very interested in permaculture principles and always looking for local people with similar interests that may want to join forces and share stories of successful applications and designs. Please feel free to contact me if you want to! its great to find another group of cool people online doing wonderful things....peace

keith_r
02-22-2011, 09:53 AM
welcome unbroken! (phil ref???)

i was in pa for a few years for my job (in reading), nice country, but we were kinda close to the mushroom farms and would get quite a smell on those hot days when the breeze blew just right..

good luck, lots of folks here willing to help, keep us updated on progress

JCO
02-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers so pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy.

Please go back to your profile and put in the city where you live. There may be members close by.
:mrgreen:

rfeiller
02-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Welcome to the forum. Looking forwaelrd to your input.

urbanfarmer
02-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Hello and welcome! I, too, look forward to your contributions. :mrgreen: