PDA

View Full Version : Kalamazoo Michigan

wimjurgen
02-18-2011, 11:22 PM
I guess i should of stopped in here and said hi before i went and posted else where. Whats done is done. I am from the place called Kalamazoo Michigan. Yes their is such a place along with a Hell Mighigan. :twisted:

I have spent the last 3 years reading about farming and different methods of farming. I have read so many good books on the subject i think my brain is numb. I came across a video on the internet about a year ago of a place in NY and their boat turned Aquaponic floating garden. I thought it looked fun. So i have been reading alot on the matter.

So no i do not have a aquaponic system built or in the works as of yet. But i am blessed enough to be comeing into a big payday within a year and well i said i will never work for someone ever again. I have my mind set on farming and i think a good way to start will be with a small commercial aquaponic system. Maybe it will even make enough i can expand into other avenues of farming that i am interested in. So bear with me as i am a gluton for information. Or as my friends say when something interests me i geek out on it and have to learn everything i can.

Wim

JCO
02-19-2011, 12:36 AM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers so pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy. :mrgreen:

rfeiller
02-19-2011, 03:51 PM
welcome and i'm sure you will find more info to stuff into your grey matter.

urbanfarmer
02-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Hello and welcome :mrgreen:

keith_r
02-20-2011, 10:31 AM
welcome wim, and good luck on your endeavors!

i used to go up to k-zoo, loved visiting bells brewery, very good stuff!

lots of folks here willing to help

wimjurgen
02-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Oh Keith you have to come back then as they just redid the garden area outside this last year. Bells is a nice place to get good fresh food and fresh beer. If you do decide to come up let me know and we can met up at bells and have a good time.