PDA

View Full Version : Hello from an OFW in Saudi ARabia

mgermino
02-17-2011, 12:14 PM
hello everyone!

hope everybody is doing fine - fish,plant and bacteria too!

discovered aquaponics beginning of this year...with lessthan a week... my hands are too itchy to get dirty so i decided to make my first system indoors. used 2tubs, one from ikea and one from a plastic shop....

fast forward to today.... moved my system in the small balcony, my cucumber, watermelon, okra, peppermint, jute and basil are growing. cucumber had the most growth, all 7 goldfish are doing great (thank God) -healthy, happy and growing!

i am using this system and the time to learn as much as i can in order to benefit my family and the people within and without my circle... God willing

it would be nice to grow your own food, pick it fresh from your own garden and benefit from it.....

i thank God to those who came before us... leading the way to a better, more productive, more efficient aquaponics system

wanna give a shout out to Affnan.... for his amazing version of the siphon.... his version helped me tremendously get my system kicking.....

JCO
02-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers so pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy.

Please go to the link in the upper left hand corner under the Blue Tilapia and post your city state/country in case there are other members close to you. :mrgreen:

rfeiller
02-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Welcome to the forum.
I too use goldfish, I also use KOI. Busy little guys.

Junebuginc
02-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Welcome!

Rfeiller can you sell Koi?

jackalope
02-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard!

urbanfarmer
03-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Hello and welcome! :mrgreen:

rfeiller
03-27-2011, 10:03 PM
sorry Junebuginc,
i did not see your post about selling KOI. I haven't tried to keep the fry, there are thousands of them that hatch, but do not have the room as yet.