PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Rant!

jackalope
02-06-2011, 02:07 PM
I've been surfing all morning for a site where I can watch the Super bowl online - streamed, of course - but it seems that the Department of Migra (ICE) has asked for, and recieved, a court order Clik :wink: (http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/02/02/33852.htm) to confiscate and close down the freebie websites that were going to stream the Super Bowl (now I ask you, what does the ICE have to do with Super Bowl/ "internet piracy", I thought that was the RIAA's bailiwik :?:). Maybe they're all terrrorist sites, I don't know ...... I can't understand what the Feral government's interest is in this. I would think it's up to the NFL and Fox to protect their own interests, not the Feral Government (we, the people?), and why ICE? What possible authority can the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Dept claim to have over what's being shown on the internet - isn't that where the FCC or the FBI comes in, or is this just another one of Nastypolitano's crude attempts to subvert the laws and the Constitution under the guise of "Homeland Security"? Sometimes, it seems that Homeland Security means that you subjugate and terrorize your own citizens to enable you to secure the nation .... that looks to be convoluted thinking from where I stand. Isn't that what happened in "Merrie Olde England" before the Magna Carta was signed? Isn't that what happened in the 13 Colonies before the Boston tea Party, and the Revolutionary War broke out?

WARNING, ICE could show up at your door any minute now, and claim authority over your veggies if they feel that the grocery associations/food distributors/meat producers are losing too much money due to too many people growing food and fish in their own backyards!

I'm hoping that the NFL Channel Clik :wink: (http://www.nfl.com/) will at least do the play-by-play board like they usually do for the regular games. Sometimes it doesn't pay to not have cable TV, but why pay for that for a year just to watch one game? We were 86'ed from the one and only bar in town a few years ago when one of my sons ducked out and went next door to the restaurant and bought a hamburger. He was drinking their beer, at exhorbitant rates, but he didn't want to eat their free food, which I admit was terrible! So the only place within about 70 miles (round trip), is off limits to us. :crying:

urbanfarmer
02-06-2011, 07:31 PM
And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

keith_r
02-07-2011, 07:57 AM
must..... resist.... responding

:lol:

jackalope
02-07-2011, 04:38 PM
must..... resist.... responding

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: