PDA

View Full Version : 500 GPH Bilge Pump @ $7.14

urbanfarmer
02-03-2011, 08:37 AM
DISCLAIMER: I am in now way, shape, or form affiliated with HF, but I do frequent their store a little too often... :lol:

YES FOLKS! It is on sale for that price. Make sure you print the page with the price off the website, but they are required to honor the price. I have never seen them anywhere for this price. I am not sure how much power it takes to run, but if you look at the manual it says to put it on a 5 amp fuse, which means it eats less than 60 Watts for sure. UL Listed

Description of Pacific Hydrostar 66094

Submersible bilge pumps are the choice of fisherman throughout the world!

* Exclusive moisture-tight seals
* Compact and efficient 12 volt motor is engineered to provide a long life
* Completely submersible unit comes with easy-to-clean snap lock strainer
* The anti-airlock protection coupled with stainless steel shaft ensures no burnout when run dry
* Rust and corrosion protected
* 500 gallons per hour

http://www.harborfreight.com/500-gph-bilge-pump-66094.html

UPDATE: Purchase In Store Only

swamp creek farms
02-03-2011, 09:03 AM
I just called the store in Tallahassee, they said they have one on display, and cant or wont be getting any more pumps in. And I guess you cannot order this one online. Bummer

urbanfarmer
02-03-2011, 03:03 PM
I just called the store in Tallahassee, they said they have one on display, and cant or wont be getting any more pumps in. And I guess you cannot order this one online. Bummer
That stinks. The 2 stores around here have 1 and 3, but I can't make it out until tomorrow. I plan to buy them all!

JCO
02-03-2011, 03:41 PM
You like that deal, how 'bout this one at the same place? 1000 GPH Bilge Pump Item #66095 Only:$19.99 :mrgreen:

stucco
02-03-2011, 04:10 PM
In my experience Harbor Freight is great as long as you follow one rule…. no moving parts. Good luck! :)

badflash
02-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Bilge pumps are nearly always intermittent duty and pretty low head. I'd pass.

grimsteph
02-05-2011, 02:18 AM
I've read several posts on AP forums that say to stay away from bilge pumps. They seem to fail inside of a year or less. A failed pump could mean dead fish in even a few short hours.

I would stick with a pump brand and model that is known for reliable and long term performance.

rfeiller
02-05-2011, 08:17 AM
the best pumps that i have found are the ones sold by Hydro Farm through hydroponics stores for less then $30 they are designed for on and off operation and do about 250gph for $21 and 400gph for $26.95 the larger pumps are of course more; 800gph for $59. they are marketed under the brand name of Active Aqua. the pump is the heart of the system a couple bucks more for peace of mind.

with that being said, i wish i could find your deal here, it would be great to have for pumping out sumps and tanks or transfering water quickly.

urbanfarmer
02-05-2011, 08:20 AM
13 foot head is not bad 7 bucks!

My fish are stocked in low density. My fish would not die if the pump failed, period. In fact my pump did recently fail, which is why I have been looking around for a cheap replacement. I believe my system was without a pump for almost 3 days (2 for sure). However, the plants might suffer depending on how long I left it that way, but it would take more than a few hours unless it happened to die at the exact moment it was draining or seconds after. In my case it was raining on and off during those 3 days, which is why I believe the plants were not affected by the death of the pump.

UPDATE
$7.14 if you use the 20% off coupon.
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1276399

rfeiller
02-05-2011, 08:50 AM
thanks for the link Urbanfarmer, HF has finally opened a couple of stores about 30 miles from me.