PDA

View Full Version : hello from maui

brotherfrancis
01-25-2011, 10:44 PM
hi all.

i am getting prepared to install a 600 gallon Ft with 4 6x4 grow beds flood and drain shift pist system....all components are ordered and paid for some are here ready to assemble.

i had a major shocker ordering an oxygen test kit from aquaticeco. they are selling me 2 kits for $22 and the shipping is $95 ! because they are considered hazardous material.

WHAT?

anyway, i am look quite forward to plants and fishes and water and cinders.....

peace,
francis

rfeiller
01-25-2011, 11:33 PM
gotta love it! a lot of compounds, elements are considered hazardous materials, the laws are growing in scope every day. between that and possible terrorist materials it is getting hard to move things around and costly.
disposing of chemicals used in hydroponics, and the media can be deemed hazardous. one has to be careful.
looking forward to seeing your set-up.

rich

grimsteph
01-26-2011, 12:00 AM
That's a lot to pay for shipping!

davidstcldfl
01-26-2011, 03:13 AM
Hi Francis, welcome to the forum..... :D

$ 95 for shipping :shock: .

urbanfarmer
01-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Hello and welcome! :mrgreen: That's expensive... I would search locally since with that high of a s/h fee it leaves a lot of room for saving money!

JCO
01-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers so pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy. Please go to your profile and put in the city and state where you live as another member may live close to you. :mrgreen:

grimsteph
02-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Francis -
There is a pretty large Aquaponics users group in Hawaii that gets together quite regularly. I believe they go by the name "Aquaponics in Paradise".