PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NoVA

thistle
01-18-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm enjoying reading all the info here on DIY Aquaponics. As an avid (but increasingly lazy) container (mostly earthboxes & towers) gardener, I think if I can figure out a way to include a fishtank in my garden, it can only help ( & cut down on watering & fertilizing). Now I just need to figure out how to automate & operate a system. I did set up a micro-irrigation system for lots of the exterior beds around the house, but for some reason, never got around to tying in the containers.

I've gotten lots of ideas from Wolfracer's build, I've already picked out a spot for the Harbor Freight greenhouse I've been thinking about for the last 2 years (just need to remove a couple more maples & figure out where to put an outside hose bib & electrical outlet). Thank you to everyone for sharing your experiences & ideas....

rfeiller
01-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to hearing about what you've done and AP

Rich

JCO
01-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers so pick a topic of your interest and start your own thread and Enjoy. :mrgreen:

stucco
01-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Welcome :)

urbanfarmer
01-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Hello and welcome! :mrgreen:

davidstcldfl
01-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Hi thistle.... :D ...welcome to the forum.

Big Al
01-19-2011, 04:40 PM
hi thistle, welcome to the forum best wishes Big Al