urbanfarmer
01-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Do we have any master gardeners here?

davidstcldfl
01-13-2011, 01:21 PM
UF....call your extension office... :D ...they'll find you a local one

urbanfarmer
01-13-2011, 08:41 PM
LOL, no I applied for the program and was selected as a candidate; so, I am wondering how rigorous the process is and what you really learn from it, but otherwise I'm pretty excited at the opportunity.

rfeiller
01-13-2011, 09:52 PM
i was accepted into the program, but the time commitment here was very demanding. i wish i could have had the time to do the program.

davidstcldfl
01-14-2011, 06:24 AM
LOL, no I applied for the program and was selected as a candidate; so, I am wondering how rigorous the process is and what you really learn from it, but otherwise I'm pretty excited at the opportunity.

:lol: ....ladies are the ones that ask questions, but often, don't ask what they are looking for.....OR, they already know the answer, (that they dont like).....and they are going to see if your dumb enough to answer...... :D
All the married men are chuckling and shaking their heads up and down........ :lol: :D :P :roll:

urbanfarmer
01-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Well, she gave some examples of the kind of courses you take for the continued education, and I didn't feel those kind of courses would give the kind of knowledge I am hoping for out of this program. If I am going to put so much time and money into this, I would like to learn about horticulture on a deeper level such as the biology, biochemistry, and the like behind it. Also, one of my interviewers kept asking me questions about aquaponics and was very interested because he had never heard about it. I am hoping that if I ever make it through the program I can get some kind of local non-proft to put up a large community aquaponic project here in Florida. I want to have a focus on medicinal herbs and natural remedies that can be grown in aquaponics. If I ever make it, I plan to use all of this on my application to medical school! :lol:

vkirchner
01-22-2011, 05:19 AM
I am signed up for a Master Gardening Class starting here on Feb 9th. I wanted to have a greater knowledge of plant biology, horticulture, etc. Also I have my Permaculture Design Certificate, but if I state that I am a Master Gardener people understand the Master Gardening program and can relate to that a little easier. The class runs for 8 consecutive weeks, 1 day a week.

rfeiller
01-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Out here we have to performh so many hours of public service and fairs for promo. Just too much for me. It is a wonderful program if commitments allow.

jackalope
01-22-2011, 05:26 PM
I don't even know if they have that program here, we have such a short growing season, and no higher education for 120 miles!