PDA

View Full Version : ~ How To Build The Perfect AP Syatem ~

davidstcldfl
01-03-2011, 04:12 PM
I'd like to share...... 'How to build the perfect AP system'.

The hardest part for me, will be.... trying to explain it to everyone.

When talking face to face, I read , that only 10% of 'words' are part of communication. The rest being made up by, tone of voice, facial expressions and body language.
No wonder, it's so hard to do it written. It seems so easy to miss-understand, to the point of some ones feelings being hurt.....Simply, on miss-understanding. It sure would be nice, if "I" could just give the other guy, the benefit of the doubt.

Here's the very first thing that we 'must know' in order to build that 'perfect AP system'. This 'foundation' has stood the test of time.

Too bad they don't teach this kind of thing in school anymore...and so many, seem to have forgotten......

http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/car ... iends.html (http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/carnegie/win-friends.html)

badflash
01-03-2011, 06:59 PM
So set some guidelines on this thread. I like the idea, but I don't know where you are going with this.

mango matto
01-08-2011, 06:30 PM
That was misleading..... :? :? :?

jackalope
01-08-2011, 09:34 PM
I think what he's saying is that we can build the perfect system by listening, learning, and contributing our knowledge, instead of snapping at someone, being offended, writing a caustic retort, because we don't like someone else's opinion or the extent of their knowledge about something ...... and like that!

It's a community effort ...... as JCO says, "play together nice and don't run with scissors!"

davidstcldfl
01-09-2011, 07:48 AM
When playing in the sand box.....it's not nice to throw, what the cat burys, at the other kids... :lol:

urbanfarmer
01-30-2011, 01:52 AM
Count me in! :mrgreen:

GreenPhoenix
01-30-2011, 09:07 AM
I am in as well!!! I have several projects in various stages of action and I need all the help that you all are willing to offer. I certainly want to be able to learn from each of you without fear of negative response...

I don't have a lot of experience with AP, but I have a history with traditional aquaculture and alsoin education. So if I can be of assistance to anyone, please feel free to ask.

Green Phoenix

badflash
01-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Most of Dale's Carnege's ideas are based on suckering people so you can use them for your own ends. I think most of it sounds great but if you want to teach people instead of getting something from them, this stuff is N/A.

Treat people with respect- check
Listen to what they have to say- check
Give honest, but complete criticism in as non offensive way as possible.
To allow someone to do something bone-headed out of fear of hurting their feelings is idiotic.
It is more important to be respected than to be liked, and if you aren't respected, you won't be liked.
To that end, never present other's ideas as your own, and if you haven't tried it yourself, be sure you say so.
Be generous, but not stupid with your generosity. Remember we are trying to teach men to fish.
Don't take it personal if someone doesn't like your idea, or has a suggestion to improve it.
If you are pissed off, keep your words to yourself until you are no longer angry.
And in the immortal words of Mark Twain, don't argue with an idiot. Politely state your point and let it go.

-Post editied because JCO removed his post that prompted me to write this response.

JCO
01-30-2011, 12:16 PM
I knew if I put something out there, you'd come through for me. Do you feel as though you were suckered into this :?:

Badflash, you know I could never have done this forum without you. Wait until you see the numbers for January, you'll be blown away as am I. In case I have not said it often enough, thanks for your friendship toward me and unending dedication to this site. JCO

However, I will leave my ending post intact.

I believe everything he lists here is exactly the way the members of this forum would expect to be treated by fellow members. I myself have not necessarily always lived by the aforementioned, though I will make a concentrated effort to do so in the future. Any who disagree with anything on the aforementioned list, say your piece now.

:shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

badflash
01-30-2011, 03:27 PM
JCO-
I don't understand why you deleted your post. It was a good thing to put out there to compare what works vs. what I consider to be pie in the sky sucker bait.

In any event, it is a continuing labor of love. Glad you challenged me to step up. I have your back.

JCO
01-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Never figured it any other way and never worry about whose behind you, it's me :mrgreen: