PDA

View Full Version : Back Again!

jackalope
12-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Well, I finally made it back from Tennessee! Four weeks on the road, eating inedible health food (soup, soup, and more soup!) and sleeping in the cab of a U-Haul truck in bad weather, wore me out and I got a case of acute Bronchitis, bordering on Bronchial Pneumonia ..... the doc at the vets hospital told me that it was close as I could get to Pneumonia. I'm better now ..... thanks to God (and Dr. Mom ;) ). My wife is restricting my intake of candy, cookies, cake, etc., and is force-feeding me herbs, vitamins, and edible health food - baking-powder biscuits, fried chicken, beer, and some kinda herb tea ..... ;)

We had a flash freeze down to about 12 or 13 below zero, here in Montana while I was gone, two of my fish tanks are solid ice (didn't break as far as I can tell), froze and cracked all the water pipes in the fish building, the only tank I have left that's running is just about dead, and all the fish in it as well ...... I had a bunch of fish when I left, but now I'm down to 3 or 4 ...... I don't think I'll be doing much the rest of the Winter, except trying to keep the few I have left alive .......

But I'm back :) :)

and REAL glad to be home again!! Sorry if I missed saying hi to any newbies out there, HI!!

Jackalope!

urbanfarmer
12-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Whew sounds rough! Well, glad you made it back in one piece! And, welcome back :mrgreen:

rfeiller
12-05-2010, 12:33 AM
sorry your loss after all your work. glad to hear that bronchitis is on the mend

davidstcldfl
12-05-2010, 01:32 AM
Welcome back ! Good to hear your doing better... :D

Sorry to hear about the fish loss and pipe damage.... :(

wolfracer
12-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Welcome Back At least your wife recognizes Beer As a health food!

JCO
12-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Welcome back big guy...we missed your input and humor. Sorry about your loss, but keep yourself healthy and you can replace the fish. :mrgreen:

jackalope
12-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks all, I appreciate the sentiments - BTW, I was the one who put beer on the menu, but methinks she's planning to take it off the menu :( :(

davidstcldfl
12-06-2010, 04:54 AM
A man needs his carbs to keep his strength up....and beer helps keep the heart merry... :P

Let beer be for those who are perishing, wine for those who are in anguish!
-Proverbs 31:6