PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Montreal Canada

bicyclegardener14
11-12-2010, 06:18 AM
First off just want to say hello from Montreal Canada and thank you to everyone for this incredible website!

I am wondering if anybody knows of any schools that teach a program in aquaponics? Basically I'm at a point where my science and math background is pretty much non-existent, however, my desire to learn about aquaponics and start up my own project is strong enough to send me back to school.

Big Al
11-12-2010, 06:29 AM
hi bicyclegardener14, hello welcome to this forum. i know that cornell university in new york has some stuff
to what extent your looking at i dont know for sure. but check them out it's not that far from you i think.
when you figure out the detail's of your system let us know. good luck Big Al

keith_r
11-12-2010, 06:37 AM
this winter there's a symposium type thing in the virgin islands

http://www.uvi.edu/sites/uvi/Pages/AES-Aquaculture-International_Aquaponics.aspx?s=RE

if i can just figure out how to get the money together, i know i could convince the wife to go there for a week!

Growing power offers 4 or 5 different things a year, they're in milwaukee..

if you're low on funds like me, just start finding tanks and growbeds, ask questions, and get started! plenty of folks willing to assist/share knowledge

JCO
11-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers and one of our members will answer your question shortly. Enjoy. :mrgreen:

JeffW
11-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Welcome bicyclegardener14 !

davidstcldfl
11-14-2010, 05:27 AM
Hi bicyclegardener14 , Welcome ....... :D

urbanfarmer
11-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Hello hello! Welcome! :D