PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Michigan

tandy
10-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Hello Everybody,
Just found this site about a week ago and finely getting around to signing up. I have messed around with hydroponics 10 years ago. Well I have set it back up and now have lettuce growing in it. I will post some pictures when I can take time to figure it out. I am starting to design a Aquaponic system to be set up in one of my barns. That's what lead me to this site. There are so many differant ideas here I wish I had more time to just set and read old post.

Tandy

davidstcldfl
10-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Hi tandy, welcome to the forum.... :D
Looking forward to hearing some more about your system and
seeing some pictures of your set up.

Big Al
10-30-2010, 12:00 PM
hi tandy, welcome what type of fish were you thinking of raising. good luck Big Al

tandy
10-30-2010, 02:20 PM
I have raised rainbow trout in one of my livestock barns before but could not create a good market for them. People would drive 5 miles for beer and cigarettes but not 3 miles for fresh trout!!! So I am going to try tilapia this time for my own use. I like to try differant things to see if I can do it.

Tandy

davidstcldfl
10-30-2010, 03:44 PM
People would drive 5 miles for beer and cigarettes but not 3 miles for fresh trout!!!
:o :shock: .. :? :roll:

stucco
10-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Welcome! I wish I could grow trout.

urbanfarmer
10-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Hello Everybody,
Just found this site about a week ago and finely getting around to signing up. I have messed around with hydroponics 10 years ago. Well I have set it back up and now have lettuce growing in it. I will post some pictures when I can take time to figure it out. I am starting to design a Aquaponic system to be set up in one of my barns. That's what lead me to this site. There are so many differant ideas here I wish I had more time to just set and read old post.

Tandy

That's exactly what you should try to do... just read through all the old posts! Unless you are building a system to just "play" with, I would take as much time as possible to read up on it. I am assuming you plan to do more?

JCO
11-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers. :mrgreen: