PDA

View Full Version : PM Problems??

tem1160
10-27-2010, 06:22 PM
I hope this is the correct forum to pose this question but here goes. Why won't the private messages I send ever leave my "outbox". I have sent two PM's to badflash and they are still in my outbox and I haven't received any reply. I cant seem to find the answer anywhere. any help would be appreciated.

davidstcldfl
10-27-2010, 06:24 PM
I think a copy stays in your outbox.....you should see a 'sent' time and date.

tem1160
10-27-2010, 06:27 PM
there is nothing in my sent box only the outbox. There is a sent time and date on the original pm. Maybe that's the way it is supposed to be. Seems odd to have a sent box with nothing going to it.

davidstcldfl
10-27-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm not 100 % sure (?)
I was just looking at my mailbox. I've sent 4 PM's in the last 3 days.....the only one in my 'outbox' is the one I sent about an hour ago. The others are showing up in the 'sent messages'

I think they show in the outbox, till they have been recvieved/read.....then they show in the 'sent messages'

Do you see any in your 'outbox' ? Opps, you did say you saw some there.

Are they the 2 you sent ?

tem1160
10-27-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm not 100 % sure (?)
I was just looking at my mailbox. I've sent 4 PM's in the last 3 days.....the only one in my 'outbox' is the one I sent about an hour ago. The others are showing up in the 'sent messages'

I think they show in the outbox, till they have been recvieved/read.....then they show in the 'sent messages'

Do you see any in your 'outbox' ? Opps, you did say you saw some there.

Are they the 2 you sent ?

Yes they are the ones I sent. I'm guessing badflash has been busy and hasn't had a chance to respond. You are probably correct that the pm has to be received before I will see it in the sent box. I'll wait and see. Thanks

If it still doesn't work in a few days I can always start a topic about mossies and see if badflash responds. If all else fails I will try the email in the classifieds.

Thanks for your help

urbanfarmer
10-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Yea, it stays in the outbox until it is READ at which point it will show up in under sent.

Badflash, like many of us here, prefer not to read PMs from persons with large orange beards... I kid, I kid :lol:

tem1160
10-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks...I'm heading to the barber as we speak...I kid I kid... :lol:

badflash
10-28-2010, 07:50 PM
I could be that I was out of town and unable to access my e-mail....
Just guessing ;-)