PDA

View Full Version : Helllo from Orlando, FL (well just N of it)

urbanfarmer
10-08-2010, 12:24 AM
I have come across these forums so many times in my travels through the Internet trying to understand aquaponics. I started with a small DIY indoor hydroponic grow room, but I made the logical and environmentally conscious step towards aquaponics. I have played with systems as small as 10-gallon tanks to the current 600-gallon set up in the backyard. I have only used the cheap feeder goldfish sold at local pet stores, but I hope to find a place to get some blue and nile tilapia.

I am currently having challenges regarding design for a small commercial farm I hope to start in my own backyard (although, the main idea is to grow healthy food for myself, family, and friends).

I see tons of people from my area; so, I hope to link up with some of you during my stay here! :D :-) Thanks for all the great info I have read anonymously, and I look forward to sharing the knowledge with everyone! :mrgreen:

stucco
10-08-2010, 03:41 AM
Welcome to the diy forum. I don’t have that much right now, but I can get some blues in the next coupla days. We are having an aquaponic and worm wicking garden workshop this Saturday. One of the attendees ordered 200 catfish and then backed out. so if you want catfish… you can pm for the details.
Take care, Jon

JCO
10-08-2010, 04:55 AM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers. :mrgreen: