PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Zimbabwe

McStylee
10-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Greetings all

I am very new to this forum and, well, forums altogether I suppose. I am a young Entrepreneur living in Zimbabwe. A few years ago I started an Aquaculture consultancy firm and recently starting a community development project on the banks of Lake Kariba here in Zimbabwe where I will be providing third world commercial and subsistence Aquaponic systems to rural folk living in this very arid region.

I look forward to all the correspondence and hope I may be able to add some insight to someones challenges.

Best Regards to all

Paul :D

davidstcldfl
10-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Wow Paul.....sounds like your going to be busy.... :D
Welcome to the forum !

JCO
10-07-2010, 04:54 AM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers. :mrgreen:

McStylee
10-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome

JCO
10-07-2010, 03:13 PM
What is your year round weather like there? :mrgreen:

McStylee
10-07-2010, 04:01 PM
We are in the tropics. The weather where I live averages around 35 Celsius from September through to May the lowest Temp is about 14 Celsius. The rural area where I am doing the community development project averages around 45 Celsius in Summer and 27 Celsius in Winter

urbanfarmer
10-09-2010, 10:22 PM
I just wanted to say HELLO!

I have found this forum to be a cornucopia of knowledge. The members here are friendly and wise! Your stay will be a pleasant one, WELCOME.

McStylee
10-10-2010, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the welcome urbanfarmer

stucco
10-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Welcome aboard mcstylee! :mrgreen:

urbanfarmer
10-10-2010, 10:24 AM
When you get a chance, you should post some pictures of your system! I am very curious as to what you have set up in Zimbabwe. :D

McStylee
10-10-2010, 12:41 PM
I'll post some pics in the coming weeks.

I have a fully fledged commercial fish hatchery that does African Sharptooth Catfish (clarias gariepinus) and Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis Niloticus). It is roughly 400 square meters. I design and build custom aquaponic systems and currently have various models running at my factory from small backyard systems to restaurant systems to educational and community systems right up to commercial options. The development work in Binga is just in the beginning stages so no aquaponics yet as I hvae just come on board but check out the website and see what we are up to www.bengula-project.org (http://www.bengula-project.org)