PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Vancouver Island

Africassie
09-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Greetings from the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. Left South Africa in 1998.
Came across the aquaponics idea only a couple of weeks ago, and now I'm reading and reading (did I say I'm reading :)
I have a 4000 s.ft building on 5 1/2 acres that i would like convert into an aquaponics plant. Are there anybody in this area doing it on a larger scale? Would like to have a look at their operation.
Much to learn, little to contribute (at the moment anyhow.)
Will post again later.
CU

Casper Pretorius

davidstcldfl
09-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi Africassie, welcome to the forum... :D

JCO
09-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers. .:mrgreen:

stucco
09-15-2010, 06:05 PM
:mrgreen: Welcome!

Oldandfound1
09-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Hi Casper,
I live just east of South Seattle. I joined here a couple of months ago. Reading is pretty high on the agenda for several months now while a greenhouse/ap system is underway. To the best of my knowledge no ap system is active on this forum from Washington. State. No one will admit to it anyway. :lol: Another poster from the Pacific Northwest started and stopped over a year ago.
There is a link to "Commercial" here at DIY, as well as a number of YouTube movies under the selection "commercial" there. Several of the members here have systems larger than back yard for family only.
Truly the depth of AP know how is broad here. One need read or ask.
Dennis
Oldandfound1

Africassie
09-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Hope to learn a lot more and that maybe someone closer to my area will come forward.
This site really is a wealth of information 8-)

urbanfarmer
10-09-2010, 10:21 PM
I just wanted to say HELLO!

I have found this forum to be a cornucopia of knowledge. The members here are friendly and wise! Your stay will be a pleasant one, WELCOME.