PDA

View Full Version : In Kailua Hawaii

elaidlaw
08-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Aloha. Here's my new system. I've got a 160 gal FT with a 90 gal GB filled with lava cinder above. I'm running a 350 gph pump continuously. The plumbing is a 1/2" from the pump and a 1 1/4" standpipe witha 2" bell. I found that witha 1" drain, the GB took 30 minutes to fill/drain. With a 1 1/4" drain, I could fill/drain the GB in about 8 minutes.
[video:e41umy9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcfhcwUHO1o[/video:e41umy9c]

davidstcldfl
08-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Aloha elaidlaw....welcome to the forum... :D

Wow, that's a very nice set up !

JCO
08-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers. :mrgreen:

stucco
08-03-2010, 06:53 PM
That is a cool lookin system! I wonder how sturdy is the stand?

elaidlaw
08-05-2010, 01:17 AM
The stand is made with 2" schedule 40 pvc. When I looked at stands, I was really dissappointed in availability of anything with strength (except wood). There are ready-made shelves that use a 1" to 1 1/4" pvc that's thinner than the sched 40 and say that the shelves can support up to 150 lbs each (using 4 legs or supports per shelf). I went with the heavier 2" and put 10 legs on the table. Six legs are in the FT, and 4 legs are outside. I also arranged the legs so that four of the tees connecting the legs are perpendicular to the other six - hopefully giving it some protection against racking or the tendency to lean. I figured with 2 1/2 time the number of legs more evenly supporting the top and with stronger pvc, I should be safe. I figure the max weight of the GB with cinder and filled with water is less than 600 lbs. Anyway, it was a heck of a lot stronger than anything else I've seen, so I hope it's ok.