PDA

View Full Version : Otay, Garland - Texas

LFCummins
08-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Hello
Yes I'm real, dont have a current active system. I am currently in the design phase of my third system with a Greenhouse. Hopefully it will supply my entire family needs of vegtables and fish when done.
There, hopefully this "fulfills the requirement" of posting, cause till I am finished with all my research, and design, I will not be able to contribute an honest opinion, or information worthy of a post about most of the topics. Or even ask inteligent questions on topic.
A simple barrel ponics ran for one full growth cycle with zero problems, I fed the gold fish, they grew plants produced perfect .... not a single thing to say about it cept it was perfect. Same for system 2, a IBC system with 2 small add on grow beds - it too was perfect.... from Day one not a problem anywhere with any system .... Great for me but it gives me Zero expierence or knowledge. It was a "fiasco" to learn by ... to date i never tested any water, added anything ... simplely planted and feed .... I considered both total learning failures (great success at the veges tho) ... what will I do when I get the full system running and I encounter "problems" I wont know shit and still dont.
I am told not to worry that my designs were both perfect and never a failure of any equipment helped, that my first locations and time of use with weather .... perfect so I was lucky. being a semi-retired engineer my wife says I over design anyways.

Any who here is the post they wanted - sorry but till I feel I can speak with knowledge and understanding I won't post much

LFCummins

davidstcldfl
08-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi LFCummins...welcome to the forum... :D Thanks for making a post.

That 'mean old admin guy' must be poking people with his stick again... :lol:

Wow.....lot's of people, that know alot ...'wish' they were as lucky as you've been :mrgreen: We really would like to see some pictures from you. The green houses would be a 'great' starting place.....share some ideas, of what you'd like to try...(?) It's all good !

Looking forward to hearing from you again and maybe even seeing a few pictures !... :D

JCO
08-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers. :mrgreen:

stucco
08-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Welcome! Lots of Texans showing up lately. :mrgreen:

LFCummins
08-04-2010, 04:25 AM
Hi LFCummins...welcome to the forum... :D Thanks for making a post.

That 'mean old admin guy' must be poking people with his stick again... :lol:

Wow.....lot's of people, that know alot ...'wish' they were as lucky as you've been :mrgreen: We really would like to see some pictures from you. The green houses would be a 'great' starting place.....share some ideas, of what you'd like to try...(?) It's all good !

Looking forward to hearing from you again and maybe even seeing a few pictures !... :D

Got a Video camera, never used one. Wife is looking for a still camera. Basicly I will track my project on the family website, which we recently have converted from following my youngest son - he was in the Army stationed in Mosuel, Iraq for 14 months. We decided to call it "My Aquaponics Garden". You can check out this DIY project in its full progression if things go smoothly at
http://mysite.verizon.net/resy4t1w/index.html

JCO
08-04-2010, 04:42 AM
It's great that you have your own personal website, however your link is going to get lost in the rush of other post and most will never see it...it would facilitate other people following your progress if you started a new post under backyard on the forum. :mrgreen: