PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Wi

yellowbellied
08-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone.
I have been following the forum for a little while. recently taken a few classes on greenhouse stuff and was lucky enough to tour a commercial aquaponics set up 30 min away.
I have since been struck with the bug, and am in the process of building a 100 gal system.
Just wanted to say hi. And let everyone know i am here.. and i saw people were complaining of the cold.. 20* negative is very common for about a week a year here.. :D ( my favorite time of the year ) keeps everyone else away...
Adam

davidstcldfl
08-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi yellowbellied...welcome to the forum... :)

When I read ' negitive 20 ', I got up and put a sweater on.... :shock: Actually I just came in from mowing the grass.....I was waiting for later in the day, for the heat index to drop below 105 .... :roll:

It would be nice to have an idea of where you are....it doesn't have to be specific. It will help when/if we offer any help/advice. Needless to say.....my fellow AP'ers in central FL, won't have the same issues as you might.... :lol:

yellowbellied
08-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Yes florida... memories of shrimp.. eating. netting.. needless to say i can not eat it up here.. EVER AGAIN.. :D

I am from menomonie (ME-NOM-ONEY its said like that and pretty much everyone here is broke)15kish people..

I intend on making a small set-up using 55gal drums ( as i get for 5$ here ) and a pond pump right now..
since its freezing here most the time .. yea.. i will start off tilapia inside in my 75gal aquarium.. then in the spring. "june end may" i will move outside to the ponics set up.
my plans right now are to use 2 55 gal drums as fish tanks.. and 1 or 2 cut in half as grow beds..
only one pump.. and i will deal with the waste in the one tank when i empty it and prepare for winter.. since gotta do that by/in sept at the latest..
i hope to get pics up and posted in the backyard set up soon..
this will be a test run for next summer as its gonna be cold here again.. 3 more months then its safe to go outside again. " stinking sun and sweat " :P

JCO
08-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers. :mrgreen: