PDA

View Full Version : Carp

badflash
07-28-2010, 09:57 AM
On my way back from Ohio we decided to make a detour to Pymatuning Lake on the Northeast border of Ohio. There is a spillway on the Northeast side of the lake where huge carp in huge numbers wait to be fed by tourists with loves of bred. Of course seagulls, ducks and Canada geese are also waiting for the bread. The ducks actually run across the carp to steal bread. The churning bodies, slurping noises and water foul complaints make it quite a show. There are videos on Youtube, but they just don't do justice to the real experience. If you happen to be passing within 100 miles, make the trip. You can get a flat of old bread for $5 and have a ball. My favorite method is to throw small chunks in until you get a big school, then drop and entire loaf of bread in. Crazy!

JCO
07-28-2010, 01:14 PM
It really doesn't take much to amuse us when we get few years on, does it Jack? :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

davidstcldfl
07-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Grew up in Western PA....'been there, done that.'

Badflash is right....it doesn't sound that impressive....unless you see it in person.

JCO
07-28-2010, 02:56 PM
My Tilapia do the same thing...they even jump out of the tank sometimes if I don't get around to feeding them as soon as I walk in the room. :lol: :mrgreen: