PDA

View Full Version : WANTED -> I need a renerative blower

JeffW
07-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Hey peeps I am trying to start a business and I need to find a blower with about 60 CFM or so..I am making a compost tea brewer. If anyone knows where I can get a deal on one or at least advise me I would be grateful. It is hard times here in Michigan but I am determined to make this work. I sell worm castings and worm tea and worm bins now at the markets.

Sorry have not been around I have been real real busy with about everything you can imagine. Garden, computer repair biz, life and back is bad so it has been a challenge.

BUT anyway here I am again and still messing with things...learning still and trying out new ideas.

My garden is 18 years chemical free now and the seeds germinated with worm castings back in March using Heirloom seeds, I am freezing foods each fall and we are eating the BEST veggies you can imagine! :mrgreen:

JEFF

wolfracer
07-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Welcome back Jeff, I was wondering how the worm business was going?

badflash
07-02-2010, 09:24 AM
I see them on ebay all the time. The place I got mine from no longer has them.

badflash
07-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Nothing wrong with Jehmco products, but one thing about blowers is that they last forever. Getting a used one is the way to go as all you normally need to do is take them apart and clean them. I got one non-working one for $25. I took it apart and found it full of food some mouse had stored in it. I replaced the starting cap and it was as good as new. You can make an intake filter cheap if the one you get doesn't have one.

JCO
07-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Hey Jeff....don't be such a stranger...sorry to hear about your back...we really do miss your input :mrgreen:

badflash
07-03-2010, 01:23 PM
They are really simple, and most of the time if they won't put out pressure you can get a rebuild kit. Make sure the company that makes it is still in buisness to have that option.

JeffW
07-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Had a LONG reply and lost it :( so here are some pics
[attachment=2:3srsvogx]a.jpg[/attachment:3srsvogx]
[attachment=1:3srsvogx]b.jpg[/attachment:3srsvogx]
[attachment=0:3srsvogx]c.jpg[/attachment:3srsvogx]

JeffW
07-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Worm harvester I made..[attachment=0:3lqvo0wz]g.jpg[/attachment:3lqvo0wz] First pic is view of outside rain water tank (both are 250G totes) I can transfer water as need from this to the inside tank and make tea. Next pic is the top of TEA tank, it needs clean up and minor adjustments. Need to finish mounting air lines and set up "basket" which holds castings/compost as it is being brewed. That will be easy to do once I figure out where and type of screen, needs to be easy to clean and easy to setup so I am thinking about it.[attachment=1:3lqvo0wz]f.jpg[/attachment:3lqvo0wz][attachment=2:3lqvo0wz]d.jpg[/attachment:3lqvo0wz]

The blower needs some type of AIR filter AND can i clean this thing? I do not want to open it and discover I messed it up so any advice on that I will adhere to.

JeffW
07-21-2010, 12:56 PM
And here is specs for blower..its a BAD DUDE made in Germany and it is more than I needed BUT I paid $200 for it and the guy knew it was worth $500 or more used. It is in great shape..really powerful and I needed one really bad to make LARGE batches fast! I can post a video here of the thing as it is running...I love this blower! :D[attachment=1:1xaq0m2f]IMG_0008.jpg[/attachment:1xaq0m2f][attachment=0:1xaq0m2f]IMG_0001.jpg[/attachment:1xaq0m2f]

JCO
07-21-2010, 01:45 PM
So be absolutely truthful and up front with us now Jeff...you aren't really excited about this small jet engine (blower) are you? So where's the kick start...doesn't look like much of a Harley engine to me. I'm beginning to think it's just a "Blow Hard" :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

JeffW
07-21-2010, 01:48 PM
[video:16rk5jnu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziIoKT8T4Vg[/video:16rk5jnu]..
Just got a call from SCOTT'S LAWN SPRAY as a "courtesy call" :lol: they wanted to tell me how so many of my neighbors are spraying "fertilizer" (yea right) and weed killer and wanted to know if we were interested in their services...I said NO we spray our own compost tea and then..........she was silent....a small voice said "Ah ehm OK thank you" :roll:

HA HA !!!!!

badflash
07-21-2010, 07:35 PM
ON TARGET!

davidstcldfl
07-22-2010, 03:15 AM
:lol: ....I'd loved to have seen the look on her face too, Jeff !

Wow...that puts out some serious air ! :mrgreen:
I was wondering...How hot does your discharge pipe get Jeff ?
When I was looking (dreaming) at Aquatic Eco-systems catalog........the section on blowers, had some metal pipe for the discharge side. I 'thought they said', pvc 'could' get so hot, it might start to get soft/melt (?)

badflash
07-22-2010, 05:37 AM
My blower doesn't get very hot. Probably would if it wasn't moving air though. Mine is warm to the touch, but you can put your hand on it.

JeffW
07-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Nope just warm..and it's been 90/F here and so humid you can't breath. But so far as I have tested it not hot. I need to run it with full load for 2-3 hours. Thanks for the heads up I was not aware of HIGH temps on the pipes. I can tell the OUT side get's warm and for TEA that is OK since 75/F is a good water temp for making tea.

I need a filter first before running it long..so far all is testing. Now the only part that get's hot is the center of the HUB where the blower fan is and it's not burning hot but hot still, this must be where a bearing is? And do these need to be cleaned? I want to take care of it but not take anything apart that ends up causing me a problem.

Just got a hard soaking wet rain here, less that 1 hour outside 250 gallon tote is half full then the rain stopped. it comes out that 4 inch PVC into the tote like a fire hose! :lol:

davidstcldfl
07-22-2010, 03:43 PM
OK...thanks guys...I was just wondering about the discharge tempts (?)

While dreaming about getting a blower, I saw this ......
http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories ... /blowers/2 (http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories/2484/Heat-Dissipating-Pipe/blowers/2)

I wasn't sure 'if' they got 'that' hot...?

Jeff, here are some 'tech talks' on blowers, by aquatic eco...might be worth 'clicking' and reading ?
http://www.aquaticeco.com/pages/full_wi ... ating-Tips (http://www.aquaticeco.com/pages/full_width/101/Blower-Buying-and-Operating-Tips)

Also, here's some filters....don't know if they'll fit yours (?) Maybe you already have ordered some (?)
http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories ... ters/BF4/0 (http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories/3000/Air-Filters/BF4/0)

Jeff....when the the outside tempts are in the 90's and so is the humidty....it's 'just' another summer day in central FL..... :lol: We'll get a break in the tempts, come halloween..... :roll:

JeffW
07-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Wow very good stuff thanks!!!

this bold type was from that second link...very true and it makes me feel good about that blower I just landed because it is not a wimp so it should do the job and not fail on me.The small motor may get through a temporary overload condition, but is not reliable for continuous duty. It will actually use more electricity, operate at a higher temperature and have a shorter life than a larger 1.0 service factor motor doing the same work

And this next one HA HA I was thinking this already that I would put a 2 way on there and make one as a bleeder because I messed with it as it is and even with some air bleeding out it was still working great, I need about 6% oxygen in that water. Bleed off as much excess air as you can while you still have as much air as you need. The blower will run cooler and use less power.
This is a great site you sent thanks again...it's bookmarked ;)

The one thing I wish was that it was 220 but it is not. Iron worker friend is electrician said they are more efficient. As for air filter I will make one (square or round) covered with a material like they use on A/C units something that keeps it clean but does not allow sandy dirty air in. I know the turbines do not like debris in the vanes as a former Jet Engine mech I seen what small pieces do to a fast spinning turbine. Blowers are electric motor jet engines minus a few hundred blades.. :lol:

Big Al
07-25-2010, 10:42 AM
hi davidstcldfl, i just finished hooking up my regenerative blower earlier this week. i used 1 1/2 pvc pipe. so i did a little testing. greenhouse air temp was 93, blower housing temp 141.4, motor temp 122.3, 1st fitting after blower out to tanks 117.6, humidity was 84 % yesterday. today greenhouse air temp was 82, blower housing temp 114.4, motor temp 109.9, 1st fitting after blower out to tanks 103.4, humidity was 88% this morning. hope this helps Big Al

davidstcldfl
07-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks Big Al !... :D