PDA

View Full Version : BP Gulf disaster could kill millions

badflash
06-28-2010, 02:58 PM
This is pretty scary. My friends in Florida should take note. Scares the hell out of me!

http://www.helium.com/items/1864136-how ... l-millions (http://www.helium.com/items/1864136-how-the-ultimate-bp-gulf-disaster-could-kill-millions)

JCO
06-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Have you got a spare room Badflash :? :mrgreen:

davidstcldfl
06-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Hmmmmmm....? The Bible does mention in the 'end days', something about the seas burning, of ocean life dying and lots of ships being destroyed.
I'll stop there....it just gets worse.

dufflight
06-29-2010, 02:12 AM
And so close to 2012.

Emmett
06-29-2010, 06:37 AM
I'm convinced the end will not come in 2012 before or after is fair game though.

JCO
06-29-2010, 10:12 AM
I did a little research….through its haste to make the almighty buck, BP might very well have doomed life on earth as we know it to extinction..!

Methane Explosion Warmed The Prehistoric Earth, Possible Again
ScienceDaily (Dec. 12, 2001) — A tremendous release of methane gas frozen beneath the sea floor heated the Earth by up to 13 degrees Fahrenheit (7 degrees Celsius) 55 million years ago, a new NASA study confirms. NASA scientists used data from a computer simulation of the paleo-climate to better understand the role of methane in climate change. While most greenhouse gas studies focus on carbon dioxide, methane is 20 times more potent as a heat-trapping gas in the atmosphere.

About 55 million years ago, a period of global warming began abruptly and lasted about 100,000 years. Current theory has linked this Late Paleocene Thermal Maximum (LPTM) to a vast release of frozen methane from beneath the sea floor. The subsequent increase in atmospheric methane led to warming the Earth by up to 7 degrees Celsius and it could take about 100,000 years to go away and would also slow down or shut off the ocean’s thermohaline circulation.

Chances are if BP does ever cap this well, the subsequent build up of pressure beneath the Ocean's floor could cause it to rupture releasing methane gas as mentioned by the article Badflash posted. A release of that magnitude would mean we are toast. :?

Then again, the damage may be already done and irreparable whether they cap the well or not...they said fissures were already appearing in the oceans floor near the well.... :shock:

badflash
06-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Some idiots are proposing using high explosives, or even nukes to blow the well closed. If they try, pack your bags and run like hell.

badflash
06-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Bill Clinton and Sean Hannity are pushing the "nuke the well" idea.

davidstcldfl
06-30-2010, 02:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QptDY5QdeXE

...... :roll:

Emmett
06-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Bill Clinton and Sean Hannity are pushing the "nuke the well" idea.
Bill Clinton and Sean Hannity are agreeing on something? Then the end is near.

JCO
06-30-2010, 07:25 PM
The actually want to do a BLOWOUT like John Wayne did in his oilwell fire fighting movie...Well Pilgrim...they ain't John (Fu***ng) Wayne and what's going on in in the Gulf sure as Hell isn't a movie.

Surly they don't mean it? (yes they apparently do and don't call me Shirley :lol: :lol:)

That's all that would be needed to ignite the methane reservoirs beneath that oil well and maybe the entire Gulf of Mexico.

When they handed out brains, apparently a tremendous number of people thought they said TRAINS and since they would rather fly, they didn't show up to get one.

I just kinda made that up as I went along there just to get Emmett going...you couldn't tell....COULD YOU? :shock: :mrgreen:

badflash
06-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Think about a bad novel. A Muslim version of the Manchurian Candidate. A secret Muslim becomes president and contrives a disaster with a foreign oil company to get an excuse to use nukes on America, then blames the scientists and right wing talk show hosts. Over night the USA becomes a 3rd world country when the sunami takes out the gulf states and associated energy industries. Only one man can save America! He's too busy raising fish...

JCO
07-01-2010, 05:29 AM
Tell me his name and I'll go see him and tell him to step away from the fish and do what he was destined to do, save the world... :mrgreen: