PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm Roon from Montreal

roon
06-10-2010, 04:26 PM
I only recently stumbled on the concept of aquaponics when watching some videos on the Internet and decided to try a small simple setup in my small apartment. It also revived my interest in tropical fish which lay dormant for 50 years while I roamed around the world.

dufflight
06-11-2010, 01:54 AM
Welcome. AP is a good way to save and clean water when keeping fish. The vegies are good also.

JCO
06-11-2010, 06:02 AM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers. Be sure to go to your profile and put in where you live. There might be some members close by. :mrgreen:

Emmett
06-11-2010, 07:07 PM
So what kind of fish is that?

davidstcldfl
06-12-2010, 02:50 AM
:lol: .....I remember hearing of some kind of fish in/near Death Valley that show up 'when' it rains...then burys its self in the mud as the water drys up. Somehow they live till the 'next time' it rains..... :lol:

Good catch Emmett... :mrgreen:

Roon........Of course....you ment your 'intrest'....not the 'fish', lay dormant.... :P

Emmett
06-12-2010, 04:40 AM
I have a dry wit, it's always nice to have someone get my jokes.

Oh, yeah, hi roon!

stucco
06-12-2010, 05:21 AM
Welcome roon!!! Emmet, the sponge filter joke gave me a good chuckle.

roon
07-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Interesting that you should mention mud fish or whatever they are called. some say lung fish I guess. When we were grading a drainage channel for the Golf course of La Toc village hotel in St. Lucia in 1971 we were basically draining a bog and all these eel-like heads started popping out of the mud. They were eel-like and about two feet long and were waiting for it to rain again and fill the bog.

I was an immigrant to six countries outside of Canada in my life so I had little time for aquarium fish. I lived 16 years in the Caribbean and must admit my urge to keep aquariums dims when I can swim with a mask and see all the pretty fish I want. I would have liked to do some outside ponds but it never materialized..... yet.

davidstcldfl
07-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi roon... :D