PDA

View Full Version : Wash that strawberry !

davidstcldfl
06-04-2010, 03:07 PM
A friend sent me this link on using soap to wash strawberry's. Watch the video at the site. After I did...I asked myself...."I wonder how many of those I've eaten in my life time ? "... :shock: I normally just rinse them under running water... :roll:

http://star-k.org/cons-vegdetail.php?ID=48

swamp creek farms
06-07-2010, 10:05 AM
MMMMM delicious strawberry bugs :P

the strawberry on the video didn't look very appetizing any how. Looked a little bruised up an old.

dufflight
06-07-2010, 03:28 PM
They'll never wash everything off fruit. :lol:

rfeiller
07-27-2010, 05:57 PM
one's personal religeous beliefs vary considerable, don't they. I personally do not know how they can differentiate between bugs/worms they can see and those they can't as being acceptable or not.
i certainly hope i am not judged by those standards, i'd hate to think of how many bugs i've eaten just in the last week. :oops:

davidstcldfl
07-28-2010, 04:20 AM
I personally do not know how they can differentiate between bugs/worms they can see and those they can't as being acceptable or not.
If you pray to have your food blessed...It better cover any bugs too... :D
That reminds me of the old saying...Which is worse....seeing an 'empty' worm hole in an apple after bitting into it...'or'....seeing half of a worm...? :lol:

rfeiller
07-28-2010, 08:58 PM
yup! ;)

JeffW
07-30-2010, 07:06 PM
we are full of microbes they are even in the air. I eat bugs in the garden because they are organic and clean my teeth for me later :lol:

jcx
02-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Haha, Me and a friend were just talking about how the worms in my grow bed would be better food than most of what we eat.

badflash
02-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Pretty silly. Just a little extra protiein. A study just released on astma says it is because we don't let kids play in the dirt.
Ever see what lives in your pillow?

http://www.ehso.com/ehshome/dustmites.php

Sorry if you never sleep again!

rfeiller
02-24-2011, 08:51 PM
i am grateful for every food God has provided for me great and small, it's with his blessings and that's as good as it gets.

if it weren't for the skin mites on us and other critters we would be walking around looking like the walking dead with dead skin hanging off of us. i am grateful for those mites. symbiotic relationships

try this if your hands are rough with callouses, pick up a handful of redwigglers and hold them in your cupped hands for a few minutes when you open your hands some of the dead tissue will be gone. some of the women i know would benefit from this, but so far no takers :lol: :lol:

JCO
02-24-2011, 09:06 PM
You said dead skin right, so that means that some of the women (most) I see at Wally World can't be helped in that manner unless the worms like fat? Correct me if I'm wrong! :lol: :mrgreen:

urbanfarmer
02-24-2011, 11:11 PM
FREE PROTEIN! :lol:

EDIT: AH, JCO beat me to it... great minds think alike :mrgreen:

rfeiller
02-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Damn, right again Leo! :lol: