PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from SUNNY South Africa.

Allan
06-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Have just been given a 35,000lt vinyl tank with three 21m by 2m (0.3m depth) growbeds, complete with 2 pumps and sundry piping. Brand new and in the box - previous owner had delusions of grandeur?, but now emigrating. Oh, and also 30m3 of 6mm crushed granite. My initial reaction was to run, but now need to put my money where my mouth is.

Please be warned - I am looking for brains to pick!!!!!

There are 2 well stocked dams (Tilapia and Bass) on my 6ha plot in sub-tropical Mpumalanga (near Kruger National Park). I currently produce lettuce and herbs commercially for the restaurant trade. All plants produced organically (well sort of) utilising vermicast and worm tea in a drip irrigation system - last bought ANY form of fertiliser in 2004!!! (I might still have some left!!!)

I intend putting up a smaller 2000lt system to practice on before I commit to going commercial. But we have the small matter of the 2010 World Cup on my doorstep to contend with first.

JCO
06-04-2010, 04:36 AM
Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers :mrgreen:

badflash
06-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Pick away!

jackalope
06-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard! get that system in and rockin', and sell your organic goodies to the World Cup touristas ;).