PDA

View Full Version : The return of Flint

badflash
05-15-2010, 04:30 PM
A few years ago we were rock hunting on Flint Ridge near Zanesville Ohio. We were digging in a flint pit when suddenly I found a Milk Snake Hatch-ling. I turned over a rock, and there it was. My son Jake named it Flint.

Most milk snakes won't eat frozen mice, but Flint hadn't read the book and ate thawed pinkie mice and grew like crazy. The following fall it got out of its pen and we thought it was gone for good. Two months later my wife caught it under a pile of news papers. We fed it, then it got out again. I found it in the basement just before spring. It got out again before it was warm enough to turn lose (Yes we have milk snakes in NY). Jake found it climbing up the CD rack in the living room a few weeks later. This time we duck-taped the pen closed. Rocks, even large ones could not hold the lid down tight enough. Finally we turn Flint loose in the woods at the edge of the property.

A year goes buy and I'm feeding the fish before I go to work. Guess who's back in the basement hunting for mice? I grabbed Flint and dropped it in the flower bed by the front door. 6 months later its today. Guess who's back fat & sassy? This time I took it back to the woods. I appear to have a homing snake! Maybe I should just let it hunt the basement. My wife is OK with it, but I think Grandma would freak if she saw a snake in the basement on a visit.

REEFBUG
05-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Homing snake!! :lol:

I guess he knows where the tastiest mice in town are! Mmmmmm organic.