PDA

View Full Version : CHRISTMAS EVE GIFT...!

JCO
12-24-2009, 03:00 PM
CHRISTMAS EVE GIFT was a tradition that my Grandmother (she was full blood Cherokee born in 1887 on the Reservation in OK.) (Oh, and my Grandfather was 100% Irish don't cha know)came up with from somewhere. The gist of the saying was simple, whoever said it first to another on Christmas Eve supposedly obligated that person to give the person who said it a small gift to show the Spirit of Christmas giving.

My Grandmother lived to be 97 and every year, try as I might to remember it, she always beat me to the punch. Sadly, now that I have been able to remember it every year, she is no longer here for me to surprise, so now I pass this annual tradition along from my family to you to pass along to those you love and perpetuate a tradition that has lasted at least over 100 years.

2009 has been a great year for the DIY Aquaponics site and forum. I would like to thank each and everyone who has visited this site and especially those of you who have religiously made post here. You are the life blood of this site and the idea to help teach people how to feed themselves.

I owe a special thanks to Badflash and Jackalope for their undying devotion in going above and beyond the call to assist me in maintaining an equilibrium to this site. I have been quite ill this year and without their help, this site would have become non-existent. I consider them both to be my friends and am proud to proclaim it here.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL WHO GRACE THIS SITE AND THESE PAGES :mrgreen:

davidstcldfl
12-25-2009, 01:28 AM
My family tradition when I was growing up was.... On Christmas eve morning, we would cut down the tree and put it up. My dad would plant a new sprig each spring, so we always had our own to cut.

I'd like to thank all that have and are making great posts, with lots of great ideas and information. Thanks ! :)

Merry Christmas to each and everyone. May it be a wonderful time being shared with friends and family.
As we enter into another new year, may we be blessed with new friends. May we be able to see, enjoy and appreciate the good things in life....and have the fortitude to deal with the trying things !
David