PDA

View Full Version : Barrelponics Bending Pic

epim00
02-06-2017, 09:25 AM
Should I be worried? Heavy gravel in trough, which I believe caused it.

Nate.

thechaossmurf
02-09-2017, 08:39 AM
good pic of the underneath --im guessing some more pics --like showing what all is being supported with that barrel would be more helpful----id guess if its just the one barrel up top in the picture it shouldn't be a big issue as long as it doesn't make the barrel sag on one side only ---spilling the water in the top barrel ????? --and if it is spilling --id suggest a 2x4 or so ething under the lower end to brace it up --until more pics come in ---that's my only ideas bud :)

epim00
02-10-2017, 09:18 AM
good pic of the underneath --im guessing some more pics --like showing what all is being supported with that barrel would be more helpful----id guess if its just the one barrel up top in the picture it shouldn't be a big issue as long as it doesn't make the barrel sag on one side only ---spilling the water in the top barrel ????? --and if it is spilling --id suggest a 2x4 or something under the lower end to brace it up --until more pics come in ---that's my only ideas bud :)

Thanks for the quick response Chaos Smurf. Gravity decided to intervene and answer the question with 3 inches of sagging in one day. So I built a wooden frame around it. Working much better. Would not recommend the T-barrel configuration (barrel holding up one half barrel trough) to anyone unless they're doing a raft system. Media are far too heavy for this arrangement.

Nate.