PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone- New to site

WHITEWOLF
11-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone,I live near Minneapolis, Mn. Everyone in my family have done a lot of gardening, and been involved in changing to healthier life styles.Over the years, we've been employed in garden stores,indoor planting, Co-ops,arboretums, herbal sales,farmers markets,etc. We decided it was time to put it all together to pursue a dream of healthy ,sustainable, delicious food. ( And if we're really lucky- make a profit ). Yes, all the stories you've heard about how nasty Minnesota winters are- TRUTH- We're doing a lot of research to find ways to produce crops year round. Aquaponics looks like a very good option. Besides, It looks like it will take a lot of thinking and originality- And thats half the fun. At the same time, we would rather learn from others mistakes, and successes.
I'll post occasionally with updates and ideas , and questions . WW

stucco
11-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Welcome WW !

mpugh5@aol.com
11-24-2009, 05:02 PM
welcome ww, your zone will make your post most interesting to me, good folks here with many opinions and plenty of experience.

stucco
11-24-2009, 05:25 PM
I’m jealous of anyone who could grow trout ;)

Ironfish
11-25-2009, 06:45 AM
Hi WW,

It's good to hear from someone else in a colder state.

Ironfish

jackalope
11-25-2009, 12:11 PM
WHITEWOLF Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here .... maybe we can do you a favor and send you some of our Montana winter weather :lol: :lol: it might just be one or two degrees warmer than Minnesota ;).

wolfracer
11-26-2009, 06:23 AM
Welcome White Wolf! I also am a believer in learning from others, only problem I have is making the same mistakes!

jackalope
11-27-2009, 04:45 PM
only problem I have is making the same mistakes! :lol: :lol: :lol: welcome to the club :!: :!:

JCO
11-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Welcome to the show....sit down....relax awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! :mrgreen: