PDA

View Full Version : Dura-Skrim Liner

whcauffm
01-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Right now I am looking at different alternatives for grow beds. Dura-Skrim Liner looks like a good option but my only concern is that it will tear often. Has anyone used this product for longer than a year? Is it durable and tear resistant?

Apollo
01-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Welcome, glad that you have joined us. May your journey bring you the knowledge that you seek, put a smile up on your face, create hours of pleasure to stimulate your mind, an a healthier life style for your heart...from Apollo__Phoenix, Arizona.

I used it on all of my projects, 7' X 7', 3' deep cement FT, both GB's and my duckweed tank 16' X 1', 16" deep. I used a lighter weight, more flexible Dura-skim line from Home Depot, I dropped a cement block on it from 3 ft. height. Liner was siting on a cement pad...it only put 2 small holes in it, I think it has a 25yr. warranty.

If you want to view my set up from start to now, check out “Fire Pit … AP” then “Pipe Siphon by Apollo” and ending with "Got Vertigrow?".

GK Daddio
01-08-2015, 09:47 PM
I haven't used it yet but everything I read about it makes me believe that it is durable as hell. The material and lamination are designed for tear resistance and durability and I wouldn't be afraid to use it. Again from reading, I think I would use it over top of normal pond liner even with it having more seams.

whcauffm
02-08-2015, 11:11 PM
I appreciate the replies and apologize for my late response. I'll definitely go ahead and give it a try! In terms of the warranty, however, I think it is only 5 years and doesn't apply to normal wear and tear through improper installations. I'll try to get some pictures up once I get it installed!

topz
02-11-2015, 10:29 PM
Normal heavy poly sheeting made it thru one year with gravel in it I'm sure dura skrim should last at least five depending on climate