PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Middletown, MD

iconicflux
12-01-2014, 04:02 PM
I've been lurking here for awhile while I get things together for a modified CHOP2 system. I'm in Middletown, MD and i'm hoping to lower my food bills throughout the year by growing tilapia, crayfish, and various veggies/peppers/basil/etc indoors year-round

I say a modified CHOP2 system because I'm going to try having the fish tank run first to a filter to remove solids before it drops to the sump.

I've been collecting pieces for this for some time now and hopefully I'll be ready to assemble everything very soon now. So far I have the following pieces:
1. 1000gph water pump
2. air pump (it's a strong one.. don't remember the stats)
3. 330gal IBC tote cut so there's about 265gal fish tank and the rest for DWC.
4. 3x 55 gallon barrels to use as sump + media grow beds (I may add another barrel for a combined sump as I have a free source of them.)
5. various lumber pieces & concrete blocks
6. Way too much plumbing stuff
7. 36000 lumens of light via LED's (only 320watts!) that I bought off Aliexpress (I measured them with a lux meter and they're legit)
8. (probably forgetting something)

topz
12-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Welcome sounds like your on the right track. Can't wait to see the system as you progress

JCO
12-02-2014, 07:26 AM
Welcome to the forum, pull up an easy chair, sit back and enjoy the ride and remember "a picture is worth a thousand words" :mrgreen:

Roger L.
12-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Welcome to the group. You will find vast array of experience and encouragement here. Best of luck in you adventure.

iconicflux
12-09-2014, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

I've picked up a few more things for the project..
Plumbing pieces w/ quick disconnects.
3/4" ball valves
Various pieces of pipe
ph probe w/ bnc end
waterproof temperature sensor
raspberry pi b+ (should have it soon hopefully)
miniph board