PDA

View Full Version : Do I start all over??

onamission
07-14-2014, 01:01 PM
I used 5ml of alge control to clear up green pee color in my 50 gallon aquarium.I have been growing basil in my nft above the tank.Are my mature plants now completely toxic or can they filter out the pesticide over a couple of weeks.alge control by tetra was used.

topz
07-18-2014, 10:51 PM
I've been waiting for someone else to chime in. All I can say is if you don't feel comfortable eating something because you put something in your system do what you feel you need to do. Maybe look up the active ingredients and look up their msds see how much it actually takes to cause issue. Otherwise swap out the water and replant use the plants for food for something or compost. Good luck with what ever you do. Keep us posted.

onamission
07-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Yes I will change out all my water and start all over

topz
07-21-2014, 09:16 PM
Sorry about the set back but better safe then sorry as far as nasty chemicals lingering around in your plants or what not.

jfuentes2975
08-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Also for Algae I use a small UV enclosed light. That helped plenty. I say small because i actually have a 10' diameter pool for my system and I use a UV for a 100 gallon tank. My reasoning for this was that I did not want to completely kill all the bacteria which defeats the purpose for my aquaponics.