PDA

View Full Version : semi is up and running/tripping/stumbling/back up

semi
04-30-2014, 02:59 PM
I started gathering material to copy the version of siphon that is working very well for Apollo. My brother arrives to help with jacking up the GB so I can cut off the s-trap. As we went over the problem with the bell syphon reliability he latched on to the bubble trouble in the bell keeping the water from rising enough (in the bell only) to allow automatic firing. The result was either I manually tug up the bell to fire the siphon or I start mopping up the overflow. He talked me into drilling a 40/1000s hole into the top of the bell :roll: . Lo and behold, no more bubble trouble and automatic firing at the correct water level! It probably shouldn't have worked. Next I will install an overflow outlet into the FT.

I will still prepare the Apollo version. But I have escaped the need to jack up the GB, for now. That would have required a hole in the ceiling, drilling thru floor joists, chain hoist, spreaders and lift bars. I should never have glued together that s-trap. :oops:

JCO
05-04-2014, 05:43 AM
Necessity is the mother of invention/inovation and we "ALL" live and learn...mostly by our mistakes :mrgreen:

semi
05-04-2014, 06:47 PM
So true, JCO. I introduced yellow perch, channel catfish and hybrid bluegill yesterday. All is regular, so far. They are only a bit bigger than the goldfish and keep hidden in the plastic plants. The transplanted store-bought watercress have a lot of new growth.