PDA

View Full Version : Osmobot?? on Kickstarter monitors parameters of your System!

RMDelete
03-26-2014, 03:24 PM
didn't know where to post this but I found it not too long ago and got really REALLY excited! So I figured I would share here :)

Check out this Kickstarter Campaign on the Osmobot!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/32 ... r-smartpho (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/325691783/the-osmobot-hydroponic-monitoring-on-your-smartpho)

it's a way to monitor crucial data on your Aquaponic system REMOTELY and there are only 5 days left in their campaign. Anyway check it out! They are sooooo far from their goal so it's a little sad, I think they wont make it, but anyway I already made my pledge since I feel this is a very beneficial thing to anyone doing Aquaponics or Hydroponics :) especially myself who has little idea what I am doing LOL

if they don't reach their goal then nobody gets charged any money so that is why I decided to share, crossing my fingers on this!

Back to reading random topics now!

DruidFromAus
03-26-2014, 07:32 PM
Thats amazing!

Good find, doesn't look like they will make it this time through, but here's hoping for the future, I would love one.

TastySalmon
04-14-2014, 04:13 PM
FWIW, there are many monitoring devices which you can use to check the status of your system. Some are expensive, some not so much, but all are probably out of the range for home aquaponic systems.

If this thing really could do what they say for under $400, it would be ideal. At this point, I'm a little skeptical even if they do get it in production.

If you are really good with electronics, you can build your own PLC with remote monitoring and controls. I know some folks who taught themselves how to design and install PLCs, so it can't be too difficult... if you have time and money.

I'm guessing Arduino is possible for this as well.

David - WI
04-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Getting the proper isolation and signal conditioning so that the readings are actually meaningful seems to be the hard part.

Unfortunately, I think there's more to designing "instrumentation" than just hooking a PLC to a sensor; in most cases. I wonder how many home-brewed arduino based systems actually return valid readings?

RMDelete
04-18-2014, 06:09 PM
yeah this campaign failed but I was hopeful... I am still going to follow them on their website since I am such a lazy person when it comes to testing and it's soo convenient (the idea) of being able to remotely monitor my System :) even though I have such a tiny System... I will also check for other testers. but yeah the sensors are hella pricey, that is why I was willing to pledge almost $600 dollars LOL since they failed I never lost any $$ :\

GK Daddio
12-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Just came across this thread in the process of recommending another forum header but is pretty cool. I see that their website is still live but the base unit is now up to $499. I haven't priced these types of systems out before but seeing that alot of people are saying they are expensive than maybe this is still a deal but....... looking further on the site you can easily get over a grand with more sensors and then their is something about them charging a buck a month per monitor for mobil. Personally can't see putting this much out on a small system but once you start growing your systems size, maybe it will make sense.