PDA

View Full Version : Hello from ny

onamission
03-02-2014, 05:57 PM
HI everyone, I started an indoor aquaponics using nft systym over my 55 galon tank .I have been growing basil, lettuce, and spinach with good success . I have 2 mozambique talappia in the tank for about 6 months.I have been using frozen bloodworms and floating pellets .since ive used bloodworms would the talapia be safe to harvest .? If they would be harmful to humans , can I switch to just organic pellets for another six months to make the fish safe to eat.

dead_sled
03-03-2014, 07:45 AM
Welcome to the forum onamission. It sounds like you have a sweet indoor system. I am not sure about the bloodworms. There seems to be multiple species of "worms" that are referred to as bloodworms. Specific species information would be helpful. The web holds a great deal of information on this topic as well.

Do you have any pictures of your system? I would definitely enjoy taking a look.

Be well.

davidstcldfl
03-03-2014, 07:58 AM
Hi onamission, welcome to the forum... :)
Yes, some pictures of your system would be nice.

Apollo
03-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Welcome, onamission from New York, glad that you have joined us. May your journey bring you the knowledge that you seek, put a smile up on your face, create hours of pleasure to stimulate your mind, an a healthier life style for your heart...from Apollo__Phoenix, Arizona.

If you wish to view my set up from start to now, check out “Fire Pit … AP” then “Pipe Siphon by Apollo” and ending with "Got Vertigrow?".

onamission
03-03-2014, 05:02 PM
The systym is basic .I wanted to test that I could raise fish (that I never had good luck with) and maintain the produce inside my apartment .I will create a zig zag systym by placing the tank on the floor and will then have more room above the tank for 3 more channels at least.

eddiemigue
03-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Welcome onamission! Nice starter system - looks good.