PDA

View Full Version : Got Vertigrow??

Apollo
01-19-2014, 08:19 PM
No, not vertigo :roll: ...Vertigrow, non-horizontal growth from your GB. Though the use of towers & lattice work (vertical growth). :lol:

Any questions or comments...just shout out, the more the merrier :idea:

To see my before pictures go to :arrow: "Fire Pit ... AP" then "Pipe Siphon by Apollo". Thanks

dead_sled
01-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Very nice looking system. Did you make the towers? What type of media did you put in them? What are you planning to grow in the towers?

Apollo
01-21-2014, 06:58 PM
Yes I did build the towers, you can buy 4" PVC tubing @ 10ft for $8. I cut mine in half, each tower has 5 grow area's X 2 = 10 grow area's for $8 plus your plumbing.

The media is the same as the GB's it's "Rocks"...The rock that doesn't roll, from Sunleaves.com made in the U.S.A.

I plan on planting herbs, not sure yet and strawberries on the very top of most of the towers.
Strawberries keep growing year round, send out runners that I will train to run across the very top of everything.

davidstcldfl
01-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Wow...very nice looking set up Apollo :)

dead_sled
01-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Yes I did build the towers, you can buy 4" PVC tubing @ 10ft for $8. I cut mine in half, each tower has 6 grow area's X 2 = 12 grow area's for $8 plus your plumbing.

The media is the same as the GB's it's "Rocks"...The rock that doesn't roll, from Sunleaves.com made in the U.S.A.

I plan on planting herbs, not sure yet and strawberries on the very top of most of the towers.
Strawberries keep growing year round, send out runners that I will train to run across the very top of everything.

Thanks for the details! I can't wait to see some green in the towers. :mrgreen:

Apollo
04-12-2014, 08:16 AM
I had to modify my Veritgrow Towers;

Water feeding the towers were damaging the foliage by keeping it too wet. I added a down cap, which also allows me to increase my water flow.

Water as it trickled down the towers would exit the towers at the back corners of the openings. Making a mess and not completely watering the bottom plants in the towers.

sandra
04-18-2014, 03:54 AM
Yes I did build the towers, you can buy 4" PVC tubing @ 10ft for $8. I cut mine in half, each tower has 5 grow area's X 2 = 10 grow area's for $8 plus your plumbing.

I love these!
Growing vertical is the way to grow.
Sandra :roll:

WYveggies
04-27-2014, 02:47 PM
totally awesome