PDA

View Full Version : I have returned

mpugh5@aol.com
11-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Well the admin nudged me about my inactivity and I have been making a little advancement in getting my first small green house up, so I am back in here trying to get things going for growing some food and fish. I found a couple about 26 miles west of me breeding talapia, a big plus and now I am just preparing for my system. First I need to get my three (75, and two 50 gal.) tanks up and ready to percolate, I started to put a 200+ gal tank I have in the green house but to big for the 13'x13' so I figure that one will be used for propagation and i have a 11'x11' space next to the house I will set up for the fish grow out. I can get water and heat from the basement. down side is that it is on the east side of the house and may be shy of the 6 hours of preferred sunlight. I can add some artificial lighting so being that necessity and the lay of the land may dictate what I can and can not do i will push forward. I am thinking that I want to have the ability to move the fish to different locations through the grow out process mostly being dictated by;1. temperature- ability to heat depending on time of year. 2. My physical plant as to what I have to work with. I have plans for my 16'x30 with a headhouse and I can see that happening because just putting up that first one has me super excited. I also bought a cat 236b skid loader( wonder how i ever did anything around here without it.) So I will keep you posted.I have to remember how to post pictures and I will get with it. :lol: 8-) ;)

dead_sled
11-21-2013, 10:53 AM
I can't wait to see how to feed the fish with the skid loader, lol. I have been thinking about getting something like that. It would sure save my back!

JCO
11-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Welcome home 'ole friend...don't be such a stranger in the future and don't forget to keep us posted with updates and photos especially of that cat you bought. Mine is a Persian but she really Purrrrrrzzzz :lol: :mrgreen: