PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Trinidad W.I

pappag40
10-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Hello from Trinidad West Indies!

I have been lurking here for quite a while and been gathering a lot of valuable information from all of you guys, and I thank you all for that. I have a 1000 gallon pond with about 350 talapia and I have had issues with bright yellow leaves on my chive plants, as well as my lettuce bolts within 3 weeks of planting of system...i have added some eggshells in to the system about 3 1/2 weeks ago and i am seeing some slight improvement on the chive..but no lettuce is in the system for me to check their statuses. I understand that my problems arise from the ph in my system and so do i just always keep eggshells in there?? i don't want to use anything that is chemical.
I appreciate this forum and think that it is a great place for sharing experiences and information. I will post some pics of my system when i get home today because you guys always love to see pics :D

Thanks in advance for your help / advice!!

Gary

dead_sled
10-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Hello. Welcome to the forum.
Do you have any water test information (nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, ph, temp, etc)? What is the age of the system? This will help in providing advice. Thanks.

JCO
10-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the forum...remember we like lots of photos and regular updates on your build :mrgreen:

eddiemigue
10-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Welcome!

Aloha Don
10-19-2013, 12:24 PM
How old is your system?
is it cycled?
Would like to know more about what you have and any tests that you have done so far.
Welcome to the addiction