PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Raleigh, NC

Ford Prefect
08-20-2013, 10:41 PM
First off, this is a fantastic site. A ton of information on here as well as a thriving community. I'm building my first system right now, a small 45G FT. I'm trying to learn from this one and maybe a few more progressively bigger ones before I implement a larger greenhouse build in the next year or two. Hopefully I can make this a big part of the bio intensive outdoor garden I'm working on. For any of you in the NC piedmont, I'd love any input on yearlong greenhouse design.

JCO
08-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Welcome to the forum. As for your greenhouse question on greenhouses, I am trying to finish my Guide book on Crayfish in Aquaponics at this time (almost there) and as soon as I do, I will be starting my next guide book on "The Specialized Aquaponics Greenhouse". Chinese style green house eat your heart out :!: :shock:

It is especially designed for use with Aquaponics and it is feasible to use as a small unit for the backyard right on up to as big as you want to make it for commercial applications anywhere in the US year round. :o

It will incorporate everything needed to operate an Aquaponics System from grow bed construction and placement, cooling and heating, housing of aquatics (fish/crustaceans) and every piece of equipment needed to put it all together and make it work. 8-)

The only thing you have to provide (besides $.$$) is the labor (sweat of the brow) :lol:

Coming soon to a computer near you (on this web site) :mrgreen:

Aloha Don
08-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Welcome Ford
DONT PANIC!! :D
I look forward to hearing more about your ideas/design of your system as well as more about your future plans .
Sounds interesting...wish I had the space to start something bigger :mrgreen: ....but....not yet..
Welcome and we like pics :D

Roger L.
08-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Welcome to the forum Ford. You'll find the people on here a very helpful and will offer tips and advice as needed.

eddiemigue
08-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Welcome Ford. I look forward to seeing your system developments. Folks here are very helpful and generous with their time, so you'll get all the help you need.

I too started with gardening using biointensive methods, square foot gardening techniques and the like, and have added AP as a source for protein to add to my micro farm output. It's challenging, but a ton of fun, and very rewarding as things start to fall into place.

TMorgan
08-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Welcome to a fellow NC enthusiast, we all are more than willing to help!