PDA

View Full Version : Aquaponics system working near Indianapolis?

Treetopace
08-12-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm looking to tour and possibly network with anyone in or around the Indianapolis area that is currently having success with a working aquaponics system. I have certainly spent some time online researching the aquaponics as a supplemental and possibly sustainable solution for both personal as well as the World outreach initiatives.

If anyone has a working system and they are willing to provide a tour of their working system in order for me to gain the assurance that this system is worth the time and resources its going to take for me to create a complete start up system.

Thanks,

Joel

eddiemigue
08-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the site.

Roger L.
08-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Treet it's not real close but in Lexington, KY there is a commercial setup that gives tours every Saturday. It's a charity group and I cannot remember the name right now but if that's close enough I will be glad to get the name for you.

Treetopace
08-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Thanks Roger. That's a bit out of the way for me at the moment, but if I'm able to swing it I'll be sure to look it up.

Cheers

Aloha Don
08-12-2013, 07:56 PM
I did a search and there looks like a commercial setup in Elkhart - Northern Indiana Aquaproducts.
Another in Morgantown called Aquaponicsinindian
I know nothing about them except what I briefly saw on their websites..
Check them out and let us know what you think...
I am also a hoosier from Wabash now living in Hawaii...
Welcome to the forum...

JCO
08-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Welcome to the forum. Hope you are able to find what you are looking for. :mrgreen:

Aloha Don
09-20-2013, 05:23 PM
What did you find out?