PDA

View Full Version : Im building a 144 sq ft grow bed system.

sebarker75
07-01-2013, 12:36 PM
we are in the process of building a 144 sq ft grow bed. we have 12 icb totes for grow beds,and we have a 500 gallon in ground fish tank. we have a 200 gallon sump tank. we are going to use a 2000 gph sump pump and a 1744 gph air pump. we are going to use pea gravel for the media. and blue gill for the fish. we are going to use the flood and drain system. if you see something we are doing wrong. please let me know

keith_r
07-01-2013, 01:25 PM
pea gravel may tend to clog.. a good size for media is 1/2" to 3/4" or so..
how much media do your growbeds hold? kind of hard to tell with the pic, but it kind of looks like your sump may be a little small for the job?
fyi, if your media beds are 100gallons, then it will take about 40 gallons of water to "flood" each one.. x 12 gbs, that's almost 500 gallons to flood all the beds at once..
how are you plumbing this up?

JCO
07-01-2013, 09:58 PM
The one problem I see is the piers holding up the grow beds. Once you ad your media and water, you may need some additional piers under the middle. Also, you overhang over (I guess it's the in-ground fish tank) may be a bit too long because of the weight and not enough support. You are talking about a considerable amount of weight with media and water. As for media, red lava rock is light and excellent for grow beds.

Also, be sure to level and re-level with shims length ways and cross ways about ever 1 to 2 feet or you will wind up with puddling in your grow beds.

Additionally what are your Bluegill use to for food...live or pellet. If it is live food you could run into the same problem our member WATERBOY has Crappie are picky eaters!! (http://www.diyaquaponics.com/forum/showthread.php?1791-Crappie-are-picky-eaters!!)

Keep the pictures and up dates coming.

Also go to your profile and put in where you are located. There may be other members close by who might want to lend a hand.

Good Luck :mrgreen:

sebarker75
07-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Yes we used 2 x 6 all the way around the structure. we used 4 x 6 on that long span across the sump tank. we have already done a small system with two grow bed the same size and we can out to about 17 gallons of water per grow bed after the pea gravel was in place. the sump tank is a 275 gallon ibc tote. i just about got the plumbing done yesterday. we are going to put the media in today i hope. i have a MD 3200 sump pump to use. It will do about 2000 gph at 7ft of head. i hope it works out good. it had good ratings on it and a good graph. i bought it on half off ponds website. we are using floating catfish food in the small system we have now. they seem to tear it up. lol

sebarker75
07-03-2013, 08:14 AM
I finally got most of the media in and worked on the upper plumbing. We had a few leaks to fix but no biggie.

JCO
07-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Looking great...keep the updates and photos coming :mrgreen:

TMorgan
07-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Looking good, keep the pics coming. I wish I had space lived that, instead of being an urbanite confined to my little back yard. Of course my little construction has managed to really confuse the neighbors to if I was building a pool or a multi level hot tube.

Oliver
07-03-2013, 03:51 PM
I have a problem with the piers. You should not place those kind of bricks on end for they have no strength that way. They should only be placed with the holes running vertical. They are subject to collapsing the way you have them. The brick wall where the wood contacts them is very weak and has no shear strength. Once you add all the gravel and water they will most likely fail.

Oliver

sebarker75
07-08-2013, 01:50 PM
We have just got the system up and running through the weekend. We have all the rock cleaned out pretty good. We are going to get water from our existing pond tomorrow. I am trying to put a video up but i think it to big. i'm trying to put it up on youtube. i will let you know if i can figure it out.

http://www.diyaquaponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4860&stc=1

http://www.diyaquaponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4861&stc=1

http://www.diyaquaponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4862&stc=1

sebarker75
07-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Sorry about that the pic was upside down.

http://www.diyaquaponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4859&stc=1

sebarker75
07-08-2013, 02:07 PM
I have just put it on youtube. it is under 144 sq ft aquaponic system. thanks
http://youtu.be/dq0aHD6A_NQ

15mules
07-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Very nice, I commend you on your project. Thanks for taking the time to document and share everything. This kind of sharing is what will help AP really spread.

sebarker75
07-11-2013, 08:28 AM
We just got finished putting the pond water into our system. We finished up on the fish tank cover yesterday. we plan to get fish today or tomarrow. We got the fish tanks circulating with the sump tank. We are very excited to see how well everything grow in it. I have a 13 x 33 greenhouse than we are about to add on top.

dead_sled
07-11-2013, 09:34 AM
I have a problem with the piers. You should not place those kind of bricks on end for they have no strength that way. They should only be placed with the holes running vertical. They are subject to collapsing the way you have them. The brick wall where the wood contacts them is very weak and has no shear strength. Once you add all the gravel and water they will most likely fail.

Oliver

Very true. I have seen this type of block with forces applied in this way. You might consider reinforcing the holes with a low shrink structural grout, since you are already committed. When they fail, they fail fast! :o :shock: :cry:

Btw, nice progress on the system.

davidstcldfl
07-11-2013, 10:03 AM
I just watched the video and looked at the latest pictures posted.

The design seems well laid out.
I'm very glad to see you rotated your blocks a 1/4 of a turn. At least they are supporting the load better.

Like the other guys...I'm not trying to critize, just concerned.
I'm guessing you have at least a 1,000 pds per grow bed, just in the gravel alone. That's a alot of weight to support.
The side that has the sump and fish tank...you have 12 piers VS. 16 on the other side.
The spot that really catches my eye is...the overhang above the fish tank. The 2 blocks closest to the fish tank, are supporting over a 1,00 pounds by 'themselves'. I pray it never happens....but that looks like a potential failure point to me.

You might still consider laying the blocks down, and having 2 blocks per pier, at least on the fish tank,sump grow beds.
Yes, It would be some more work, for sure. You've done such a nice job so far...whats a little more ?
A bottle jack, a few more blocks, a little muttering under the breath ... would result in a much safer set up.... ;)

15mules
07-11-2013, 10:50 AM
I for one will be looking forward to seeing the pics. of the greenhouse as it is being build or once it is done. I have to admit, as the others, I would be a bit concerned about the blocks on end??
Thanks again for all the pics. I wish I could see some of the you tube stuff, but just do not have the bandwidth here at work.

sebarker75
07-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks alot. We have put alot of work into it. It didnt take me long to rotate those blocks. I agree with you on the fish tank and sump tank. I will change those out. Thanks for all your advice. If it wasnt for this forum i wouldnt have the system i have now. Everybody else wants you to buy a book or video to get there help. I called oliver up one day and ask him a few questions about it and he pointed me to this forum. the best thing i have ever seen. Cant wait to get my plants in. thanks again. everybody.....

davidstcldfl
07-11-2013, 12:52 PM
We don't sell anything...
But, we do expect to be invited for a BBQ and a tour of your system...and seeing as how your a texan...were expecting one heck of a BBQ... ;) :P

(well... JCO now has a nice starter info book for beginners, that he sells...but that helps support the site... :D )

sebarker75
07-12-2013, 07:26 AM
We just put a few plants into the system. I just added the liquid seeweed into the system to help out. i hope it all works out. thanks again.

Waterboy
07-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Texas allows one breed of Tilaipa, I would go with that instead of bluegill. They can be quite tricky to pellet train if you get them from a hatchery that feeds them live food. I am still working on it!! I wish Louisiana would allow them, make my life easy!

15mules
07-13-2013, 06:44 AM
Just curious, are you going with a Hoop house or a conventional greenhouse, or Chinese style?? What is the orientation of your grow beds? e/w or n/s?

sebarker75
07-15-2013, 07:42 AM
here is the pic of the greenhouse. I didnt spend alot of money on it because i didnt know if the whole aquaponics was going to work out. I paid 450 for this size 13 x 33 from deltacanopy.com. They are located in Dallas. It has i think eight windows on each side and one above each doorway.

15mules
07-15-2013, 08:26 AM
That seems like a very good price, I will be interested to see how it works out for you. I will also be interested in seeing the pictures of how well it fits around everything, keep us updated.

sebarker75
07-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Just put some more plants into the system. Tomatoes,cucumbers, peppers, zucinni,

15mules
07-15-2013, 02:39 PM
You keep this up and you are going to convince me to add some media beds to my plans for my system.

sebarker75
07-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Wow yesterday was pretty exciting. We put almost 79 fish into the system. The drain pipe at the bottom of the fish tank was completely open. we put a piece of screen on the end so the fish would get suck up. one of the fish died and got suck up against the drain pipe. well the water couldnt drain. so luckly all the grow beds would almost full and the sump tank pumped the rest of the water over the side of the fish tank. So i pulled the drain pipe out of the fish tank and drilled a bunch of holes up and down the side of it. It is doing fine now but i had to put about 60 gallons of water back into the system. I got a pretty good ab workout with those 5 gallon buckets. lol I took a pic of the collard greens and green beans. if anybody know a better way to do the bottom of the drain in the fish tank let me know. thanks

15mules
07-17-2013, 09:53 AM
I am not 100% sure of how your bottom drain pipe is situated in your tank, but probably the best idea I have seen was where a person came into the bottom of the tank, then added a 90 degree elbow and ran a pipe horizontally about an inch or so of the bottom of the tank, that went as far as he could without hitting the side of the tank. He then had placed a cap on the end of the pipe. But how did the water get into the pipe you ask?? He had drilled holes along the bottom side of the horizontal pipe, facing down towards the bottom of the tank and his fish were to large to go under the pipe, so it was impossible for them to get sucked up, but the water drained well. Also with multiple holes, even if some got clogged by something there were plenty others to keep draining. You could always do this and even place a mesh box over the horizontal pipe if you have really little fish, to keep them away.

JCO
07-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Unless you are keeping it on the bottom for a particular reason, you can elbow it back up to the surface to the level you want to keep the tank and the water will overflow from the top. :mrgreen:

sebarker75
07-17-2013, 01:45 PM
i was keeping it on bottom to keep the water turned over good. if i skim the top it would just get the top water. huh

mango matto
07-17-2013, 04:14 PM
You may want to turn down and cover your spouts going into the grow beds to avoid algae from growing. Your setup is looking great!!

15mules
07-17-2013, 04:47 PM
As they say "the devil is in the details"

JCO
07-17-2013, 11:49 PM
That' according to how your water enters if it moves around...enter at one end with force downward and exit at the other surface wise. :mrgreen:

Roger L.
07-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Why not add a t at the bottom drain and run a pipe to the level that you want your tank as JCO suggested but leave the bottom drain also. Wouldn't the stand pipe give you a safety in case the bottom drain were plugged up in some way?

15mules
07-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Roger,
That seems like a good idea, like a secondary, or backup drain, tied in with the primary, just in case the primary stopped up? makes sense to me.

sebarker75
07-23-2013, 09:29 AM
here is an update on the plants in the system

keith_r
07-23-2013, 10:20 AM
to catch a bunch of scuds, i used a leaf from... i think it was zuchini..
put it in the scud tank in the evening, the next morning pull what's left of the leaf out of the water and shake the scuds off in another bucket
i've got some pics and will try to REpost some this week..

JCO
07-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Your veggies are looking good. :mrgreen:

sebarker75
07-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Just check my levels on everything .
Ph 7.6
Ammonis .25
Nitrites 5.0
Nitrates 40 ppm
I know my nitrites are high just wondering if that is the cycling process. do i need to add plants to get the nitrates down or is that a good number.

keith_r
07-25-2013, 10:42 AM
your water is not very good for your fish, luckily your ph is high but it's still bad... i'd salt to 3ppt as soon as possible and hold off on feed until nitrites drop.. hopefully you won't start loosing fish to brown blood disease

don't worry on nitrates unless they start getting up over a couple hundred...

sebarker75
07-25-2013, 10:57 AM
i going to hook up my air pump today. i have around 90 fish in there right now. i was going to bring them up to around 200 total when i got my air pump going. should i hold off on that until nitrites fall some. when you say salt do you mean regular salt and what is ppt.

sebarker75
07-25-2013, 11:17 AM
what would 3 ppt be converted to. maybe tablespoons or something.

keith_r
07-25-2013, 01:04 PM
3 grams per liter (1 gram per liter is 1ppt)

sebarker75
07-29-2013, 08:06 PM
I quit feeding for three days and my nitrites went to 0. I'm so excited.
Ph 7.6
Ammonia .25
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 10
I think I'm going to feed every other day. I hope that will help some

keith_r
07-30-2013, 05:40 AM
good deal

sebarker75
07-30-2013, 07:53 PM
We r about to start on the greenhouse to marrow. I will post picks

sebarker75
08-02-2013, 07:41 AM
We just got the greenhouse together. look like its not going to be tall enough. we had to build a wooden structure for it to sit on to make it taller. i didnt have any room to get around in there nor was it tall enoug for the corn to grow. We are very excited about it. the way it turned out. we went up to lowes and got all that wood for 40.00 dollars. it the wood the has something wrong with it. we have built everything you see with junk wood from lowes. that is the way to go if you are not having to be so presice. thanks we have to still put the top on and sides and a couple of doors.

JCO
08-02-2013, 08:10 AM
American ingenuity that's what it's all about. Keep the photos coming...looking great. :mrgreen:

sebarker75
08-02-2013, 10:21 AM
thanks we put alot of time into it. thanks again

eddiemigue
08-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Looks great - nicely done!

sebarker75
08-05-2013, 07:25 AM
we just got the generator up and running.

Roger L.
08-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Nice greenhouse and the auto gens et is a good addition.

sebarker75
08-07-2013, 08:26 AM
when you get cycled out what is the nitrates suppose to be readed whats good and whats bad.

JCO
08-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Plant only leafy greens once you get to 40 ppm nitrates and flowering plants only after you are above 80 ppm and on your way to 100 ppm nitrates.

Quote from Oliver :mrgreen:

sebarker75
08-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Does the nitrates still rise if you have to add a lot of water due to the heat.

sebarker75
08-07-2013, 08:20 PM
If you add potassium to the system does that effect your nitrates

JCO
08-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Nitrates do not evaporate due to heat and although potassium is a mineral it could have a slight effect on your nitrates but unless you add a lot of potassium it should not have an adverse effect :mrgreen:

sebarker75
08-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Im not adding alot. i mix up 12 tablespoons in 12 cups of water. when mixed up i put 2 tablespoons in each growbed. The problem im having is the blooms wont produce fruit. they just fall off. i though i could add pat to help the process along.

sebarker75
08-08-2013, 07:14 AM
We put the greenhouse cover on yesterday. I hope it will help with direct heat on the rocks in the beds. in the middle of the day you cant even touch them there so hot. Some of my little plants are dying. the only thing i can think of is there are right on the rocks and getting to hot. We still need to do the sides of the greenhouse and doors. I was trying to find a material that would have that green reinforced fiber in it to match, but all i can find is over seas. I have a 8 mil clear plastics. i just dont know how that would look.

eddiemigue
08-08-2013, 09:09 PM
The problem im having is the blooms wont produce fruit. they just fall off.

I had the same problem, but my system was indoors and had insufficient lighting.

sebarker75
08-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Corn starting to tasle. courious to see what it actually will do.

sebarker75
08-12-2013, 07:10 AM
Well i think i started off on the wrong foot. lol i should have listened to oliver about planting fruitable plants right off the bat. It seems everything is doin good but the fruitable plants are just loosing there blooms. I think im going to take the squash and zuccini out and see what that does. My nitrates are staying at zero now. i think all those blooms are sucking all the nitrates up. lol we learn from out mistakes. sorry oliver for not listening . i thought i could just add patassium to help everything out.

sebarker75
08-19-2013, 09:20 AM
update on plants pics

Aloha Don
08-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Looking very good
thanks for the updates

sebarker75
08-19-2013, 01:06 PM
thanks alot. i hope it kicks off and starts to produce alot. got my fingers crossed. lol

sebarker75
08-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Man i've seen alot of progress in that last few days. Im very excited about it. My cucumbers are budding like crazy. My squash is starting to set on, it was hiding in the back. And i got two more ears of corn showing up.

sebarker75
08-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Man i went out last night about 9 pm to the greenhouse. I looked at my tomatoe plants to find just stems left. i got to looking closer and found this big green worm wearing my plants out. i found 6 of them in my growbed. they were about 3 inches long and the size of my thumb round. how do they get in the beds. it got me scratching my head. lol

sebarker75
08-23-2013, 07:07 AM
here is another shot of my corn.

dead_sled
08-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Man i went out last night about 9 pm to the greenhouse. I looked at my tomatoe plants to find just stems left. i got to looking closer and found this big green worm wearing my plants out. i found 6 of them in my growbed. they were about 3 inches long and the size of my thumb round. how do they get in the beds. it got me scratching my head. lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manduca_quinquemaculata
Those things are definitely eating machines! I am glad that I haven't found any yet.

Roger L.
08-23-2013, 09:21 AM
That green worm looks like good fish food if the fish are big enough. If not a food processor can fix that problem, just don't tell the wife.

Aloha Don
08-23-2013, 10:17 AM
I was going to suggest the same thing Roger...
harvest that worm and make fish food...
put it in a small bin with some old veggies and see if it will multiply to provide an ongoing food source for the fish...

sebarker75
08-23-2013, 11:44 AM
I didnt know if they sting u or what i put two into fish tank and four on the ground and made liquid of those bad boys. They make the cookie monster look like nothing. lol

JCO
08-23-2013, 12:38 PM
OK DIY Aquaponics farmer....lesson #1, you have to inspect your tomatoes (and other veggies) everyday looking for these and other eating machines. They start out small about 1/8" and can grow to about 3" in a day or so. They eat round the clock and can strip a tomato plant of leaves during that time.

You must become a trained eye to spot them because they are smart and remain completely still when they see anything move. They will also raise up the front portion of their bodies to resemble a bud as CAMO and they are good.

You can dust your plants with food grade Diatomaceous Earth which can be found at most Tractor Supply stores. It should be done regularly if plants are exposed to rain or sprayed with a hose. It is harmless to humans but don't breath it.

Google it to find out more. :mrgreen:

Aloha Don
08-23-2013, 01:14 PM
3" a day....wow
I have been inspecting pretty regularly but now will have to step up my vigilance.... :?
to be honest...I have not seen any bugs around my system so far here in Hawaii....

JCO
08-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Don, you probably don't have to worry about them where you are:-

Habitat M. quinquemaculata is found throughout the United States, northwestern Mexico, and even southern Canada, but is less frequently found throughout the Great Plains and the southeast.

As far as the
the southeast is concerned, I can tell you now they are in Floirda :mrgreen:

Aloha Don
08-23-2013, 02:41 PM
We do have other critters here that like my veggies tho...

sebarker75
08-23-2013, 07:47 PM
Well all I know at 500 pm I looked at my tomatoes and everything was alright and at nine pm I had stems for plants. Lol. Happens fast. Lol. I'm learning.

sebarker75
08-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Got a few new veggies poping up. lol pretty excited

sebarker75
08-28-2013, 08:50 AM
i just built a cucumber wall. hopefully it helps out.

Roger L.
08-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Nice idea on the cucumber wall. When my system matures enough for cucumbers I am going to do the same thing. Once again the site pays a dividend.

Aloha Don
08-28-2013, 10:38 AM
https://sphotos-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1098044_10201270328953397_1615126927_n.jpg
Something was snacking on my tomatoes. Think geckos like them....Curse you Geico Gecko!!! :twisted:

Aloha Don
08-28-2013, 10:39 AM
I think we hi-jacked this thread...
Sorry

JCO
08-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Can't tell much from the photo...can birds get into the GH or have you checked for Tomato worms :?: :mrgreen:

Aloha Don
08-28-2013, 11:03 AM
my system is just on my back lanai so yes...birds could be the culprit...
I do see lots of geckos around the system. They could be there only for the water but my tomatoes are very tasty :D

sebarker75
08-28-2013, 11:51 AM
We have a mocking bird getting the tomatoes in my brother in laws system. he put a couple of owl decoys out and it solved the problem. lol

Aloha Don
08-28-2013, 12:21 PM
I have seen where people hang old CDs out to keep birds away...
Does this work?

Actually this brings up a question that I know everyone wants to know but is scared to ask...
Do birds prefer country or rock-n-roll CDs??? :lol:

Roger L.
08-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Don, I thought a gecko in the house was a sign of good luck in Hawaii. 1 tomato is a small price to pay for lots of good luck. :D

Aloha Don
08-28-2013, 12:51 PM
forget good luck...just leave my veggies alone...lol

JCO
09-22-2013, 12:30 AM
So sebarker75, how are things going in your neck of the woods...got any recent updates or photos...don't keep us in suspense. 8-)

Don, I don't know about where you are from, but here in AMERICA :shock: geckos eat insects not veggies...so if your geckos are like ours in AMERICA :shock: they are probably helping keep the bug and maybe catapillar population down just like they do here in AMERICA :o :lol: :mrgreen:

sebarker75
09-24-2013, 01:36 PM
man i cant keep the insects away from my plants. i got spider mites on my beans. and i have a skinny black catapillarwith a white stripe down its back on my tomatoes. its very frustating to deal with when your not around to mess with it. i just put some green and red cabbage out and i hope it does good. my cucumbers have about died, and the corn turned out kind of small cobbs. i still have peppers and broc, coli, tomatoes, green beans, collard greens and some kale. i will send some pics

JCO
09-25-2013, 12:59 AM
Check out these threads for the cure:-

We got a bug! (http://www.diyaquaponics.com/forum/showthread.php?1210-We-got-a-bug!)

Thrips Attack...Bugs, insects, & other pests... (http://www.diyaquaponics.com/forum/showthread.php?1629-Thrips-Attack-Bugs-insects-amp-other-pests)

Ahhh!! They're taking over!! (http://www.diyaquaponics.com/forum/showthread.php?1741-Ahhh!!-They-re-taking-over!!)

It works great...I've been using it for years. :mrgreen:

sebarker75
09-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Thanks again for that info. i will check it out. i have a few pics of the garden. I ended up just pulling the plants up that had the spider mites on them. they would just cover the stems and beans up until you really couldnt tell what it was. its really frustrating when you have to do that. i will give that other stuff a try. here are some pics of what i have going now

sebarker75
09-27-2013, 08:34 AM
More pics.

http://www.diyaquaponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4854&stc=1

JCO
09-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Looking good, keep he photos and updates coming..that's what we live for :mrgreen:

HaroldB
10-03-2013, 03:31 PM
It looks great ! I am new to all this. I live 30 mins west of Tyler.. Work in Tyler, grower...

Would love to learn more about building a system in the future....

sebarker75
10-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Well I learned what little i know about aquaponics is from this website. without JCO and the crew i would still be in the research stage prob. everybody wants you to buy there knowledge and jump around questions. everytime i asked questions here they gave me a good answer. the fact that your here on this webstite is a great start in the right direction. these guys are professionals. if you have any questions just ask. its really a cool process. when you tell people you grow plants out of rocks, they look at you crazy. lol

JCO
04-12-2014, 06:42 AM
OK, your last post was LAST YEAR, so ho 'bout an update? :mrgreen:

sebarker75
07-21-2014, 01:19 PM
Hello, and sorry I havn't wrote in such a long time. I started a job out of town, and I am gone a long time. my greenhouse was doing quite well up until about a month ago. I had the same banana peppers and bell pepper plants since last year. That was pretty cool. I recently got a bunch of aphids on everything in the greenhouse and its slowly getting all the plants. I tried insectisitle soap, (even sprayed seven dust on it. I put spirement and peppermint around the plants, with no results. I even bought ladybugs but they didn't stick around very long. I recently bought 5000 eggs of lacewings. hopefully that will help. Other than that everything is going down the drain. On a positive note, I have shown this greenhouse to a lot of people and they are all in amaze. It does grown faster than conventional gardens. I had four squash plants (before the aphids got to them), and they got huge. One plant had at least 10 squash setting on it. Its totally amazing how all this works. I'm almost to the end of my rope. Im about to set the fish free and shut down and let all the aphids die and start over. I know that is a sucky way to do it but I don't know what to do.

JCO
07-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Hey it's always great to have a good job, but sorry it had to be at the loss of your A/P system. Whatever you do, don't give up. :mrgreen: