PDA

View Full Version : Using Maxicrop with iron

Roger L.
06-19-2013, 01:24 PM
I have seen this product recommended by several people here on the forum, so I ordered some to help my struggling plants. There are no instructions as to how to use it in a system. Do you who have used this just add it to the water or mix a gallon up and spray it on the plants? If added to the water what strength should I add?

davidstcldfl
06-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Hi Roger, I have seen recomendations 'as high as'...1 quart per 250 gals of water....in a new system.

I don't remember how much I gave my system when I 1st started it. I think I did the guy thing, and poured in some and said...that looks about right... ;)
I guess it was a cup or so and I had about a 1,000 gals. I did dose it once a week like that, for about a month or so.
It will make the water dark. But that will lighten up in a few days.

I use it as a spray too. About a 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon per gallon....and about the same amount of molasses.

Roger L.
06-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Thanks David. The color was one of the reasons I thought I would ask first. I would like to see my fish in the tank, LOL.

keith_r
06-20-2013, 07:15 AM
in my 110 gallon ft/gb setup i used about 1 cap ful every 4 to six weeks

davidstcldfl
06-20-2013, 07:21 AM
Your welcome Roger.
Not sure if you have heard ?...Even without maxi-crop, a mature system's water isn't 'clear' like an aquarium. It'll be stained, like a lite tea color.

Roger L.
06-20-2013, 07:47 AM
Thanks Keith. David I understand there would be a tint, I just didn't want it where I couldn't see front to back.

JCO
07-22-2013, 12:20 AM
So how did the Maxicrop work out...to dark or just right? :mrgreen:

Roger L.
07-22-2013, 12:31 AM
Actually it clears out pretty fast for as cloudy as it gets when treated. Still having some plants that just seem to stall out or not start at all. Maybe back to being patient for the system to fully cycle.

JCO
07-22-2013, 12:37 AM
I know why I'm up this time of night...I just got back off a run for the USPS haulin' mail, but what are you doing up?

I had the same experience as you with Maxicrop...wasn't really satisfied. :mrgreen:

Roger L.
07-22-2013, 04:15 AM
I sometimes cannot find a comfortable position for my back, which is why I am disabled, so my body won't relax and allow me to sleep. Generally after a couple of nights up and down I'm generally worn out enough to get a good nights sleep. I've got some sleeping pills but they make me a zombie for 2 days.

keith_r
07-22-2013, 05:11 AM
Roger, i can completely understand.. my wife had 2 surgeries on her back, one failed, so she has a loose plate and 2 screws that never fused to the vertabrae, just "floating" in her back.. she's on duralgesic (the patch) as well as other meds..
pain is a constant companion

Roger L.
07-22-2013, 05:39 AM
Kieth I also had 2 surgeries. Fused the entire cervical spine and 2 titanium rods and 11 screws. Of course the rods came lose making the 2nd surgery necessary. To add insult to injury when they harvested bone from my hip to make the fusion paste, that area got infected and caused them to operate on that again to clean out the infection and then I had the pleasure of giving myself an IV everyday for 6 weeks. Now to complete the comedy because they went into my hip twice on the first surgery they decided to use the artificial compound called INFUSE to refuse the vertebrae that came loose with the rods. Well of course INFUSE has been recalled because of the side effects including prostate cancer. Guess who had prostate cancer after his back surgery. That's right, that would be me. It would be a funny story if it wasn't true. Lawyers are supposed to be working on that but who knows if or when that will end. My medicine consist of 19 pills a day, everyday and not much activity.

It took me 3 weeks to construct my system when it should have only taken an afternoon. Work a little, rest a lot. It does no good to complain I just go on with life and make the best of it that I can. The aquaponics keeps my mind active and I garden at chest level so there is no bending and stooping. Good mental therapy.

I HATE DOCTORS!!! :evil:

keith_r
07-22-2013, 08:30 AM
ugh.. my wife's operations were to place a cage between the vertabrae..
she still has problems from the 2 sites they took her bone to make the fusion paste..
she's considering the new implant for pain blocking.. her pain management doc was totally against it a few years ago, he took out as many as he put in, but i guess the new one (from his point of view) is much better.. up to 75% pain relief, if we could cut down on the narcotics, it will only benefit
our lawyer forgot to file some paperwork in a timely manner (after the surgeon left the state) so we have no case against the doc..
i hate lawyers as much as most doctors

Roger L.
07-22-2013, 09:25 AM
If that cage was INFUSION then you need to look that up on the net. They were only supposed to use that in lower backs when put in from the front. Mine is in the upper put in from the back. Just food for thought. Kinda got off topic some there but I guess misery loves company.

15mules
07-22-2013, 05:34 PM
I always tell my wife that is how we know we are alive, when we stop hurtin, better check for a pulse.!

Roger L.
07-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Everyday on this side of the grass is a good day!

JCO
07-22-2013, 09:30 PM
If I were closer, I probably could help you some...I am a pretty good amateur hypnotist...(been at it since 1978) as least so I have been told by a number of people I have made an effort to help; from loosing weight to stop smoking and other ma-ladies.

Sorry to hear about your ailments. Take two aspirins and whatever you do, don't call me in the morning, I'll be sleeping. :lol: :mrgreen:

dead_sled
07-23-2013, 09:39 AM
If I were closer, I probably could help you some...I am a pretty good amateur hypnotist...(been at it since 1978) as least so I have been told by a number of people I have made an effort to help; from loosing weight to stop smoking and other ma-ladies.
:

Very interesting JCO! :mrgreen: That's what I went to school for. Sort of a hobby type of thing right now. I used to have a practise when I lived in Colorado. I have only been doing it for 10 years though. Mostly work with fibromyalsia and chromic pain.

Roger L.
07-23-2013, 11:31 AM
:shock: I've read your post and am feeling sleepy........ :shock:

JCO
07-23-2013, 11:35 AM
It doesn't work for everyone because they have to believe it will work to be successful. You can lead 15mules animals to the water but they have to want to drink :mrgreen:

Roger L.
07-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Add a little scotch and everyone wants to drink.

JCO
07-25-2013, 12:34 AM
Oh yes, we were talking surgeries earlier right....let's see, I must join in... 3 heart attacks (heart surgery 5 years ago), something wrong with the bladder, Oh yes, a cancerous tumor in there...(surgery 1 1/2 years ago) and it's back to the cancer Doc again this Friday because he thinks there a chance it has come back. Stay tuned, film at 11..! No smiley here :!:

Roger L.
07-25-2013, 08:27 AM
I hear you JCO. I go back to the doc because my PSA levels are going back up. A pretty good trick for a guy with no prostate. I hope the doc gives you good news, or at least optimistic news. Damn this growing older and wiser deal ain't all it's cracked up to be!

Aloha Don
07-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Im definitely growing older but not too sure about the wiser part of it.....
Was that in the contract?

eddiemigue
07-25-2013, 09:36 PM
While I love to learn from folks with more experience and time on the planet, this thread seems to point at a high likelihood of pain as a companion in the future and not sure where the lesson is. Perhaps it's avoid surgery unless there is absolutely no other option. My heart goes out to you and yours who are living w/pain.

Roger L.
07-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Eddie, I figure any day on this side of the grass is a good day! Life gives you what you got, it's how you deal with it that makes up the character of the man/woman.

eddiemigue
07-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Well said Roger.

Apollo
04-24-2014, 08:39 AM
I came across this post "Using Maxicrop with iron / Medical Updates" Hope you all are doing better...life a pain, in one way or another.

I think the hackers are trying to take over this site, hope to see it back up and running without all the junk.

Well back to the subject on hand. Maybe I'm doing something wrong because I've been told "Not sure if you have heard ?...Even without maxi-crop, a mature system's water isn't 'clear' like an aquarium. It'll be stained, like a lite tea color." Mine has pretty much always been 98 to 100% clear...you can see sand pebbles on the bottom of my tank though 32" of water..

Roger L.
04-26-2014, 07:16 AM
My water while clear and can see clearly to the bottom to distinguish each strand of poop, the water has a slight tinge of yellow to it. I equate it to looking through a sunglasses lens.