PDA

View Full Version : Another new guy from Georgia

multifasited
04-15-2013, 08:44 PM
I am a avid Diy er ,retired feild service engr.crafter w/ many interests .this forum struck a cord with me! Planning to add a grow bed or two to my existing pond system,and hope some will help in this indevor .I will post additional info in a help section .I hope some of you will assist me in my quest . Thanks Carl

Conchis
04-16-2013, 04:56 AM
Hiya Carl. I'm new to the board too (and so not much help), but welcome!

keith_r
04-16-2013, 05:06 AM
where's the confounded bridge?

multifasited
04-16-2013, 07:36 AM
where's the confounded bridge?
In city museum.Model I built ,for grant approval to save histotic local bridge.one of I built three ,1 iron ,2 covered wooden bridges same size also on display.Any help on my question?

multifasited
04-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Hiya Carl. I'm new to the board too (and so not much help), but welcome!

THanks ,so many questions so few answers ,maybe we will find a few!

keith_r
04-16-2013, 11:00 AM
that's a great picture of the bridge....
how is your pond set up now? does it have a filter?
have you done any water tests to see if you have nutrients (in the form of nitrates)?

i'm sure you can do it, but not sure where you're starting

multifasited
09-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Keith ,I apologize ,I just found your reply ,Yes indeed I have filter over kill ,that's the reason I have so many fish . That's is also why I decided to separate the pond from the aquaponics to insure ,maintaining ,the pond in it's condition and still able to experiment with plants and methods ,w/o out in dangering the ponds balance and let the cycling of the grow bed be a worry only to the plants ,and any mistakes I could and probably would made ,have impact only on the plants .So far seems to be working well on both fronts! Learned a lot ,next spring I should really be ready ,I just started my fall stuff , looking good so far .My other post has some June pix ,messy but I had to start some where . Carl