PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone - FREE IBC's

greencycle
03-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Came across this listing in craigslist and it motivated me to register and post:

I was perusing the free section of Craigslist for my area and found someone giving away 170 - 275 gallon IBC units.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/zip/3661186524.html

FREE. 275 Gallon Storage Containers; previously contained vegetable oil. 170 units must be removed no later than March 8th. Port of Oakland. No loading help available.
530 Water Street

I dunno about the previous use for veggy oil but I am so a recycling geek that I'd hate to see these go to waste.

good luck...

bcotton
03-06-2013, 06:43 AM
I'm not in oakland but someone should be able to confirm if it was vegetable oil by smell.

if it is vegetable oil, you should be able to clean it with water and a mild detergent like dawn dish soap.

brian

JCO
03-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Too bad I'm on the other coast...would have been nice to have a few of those (all) :mrgreen:

Lordshandyman
03-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Too bad I'm on the other coast...would have been nice to have a few of those (all) :mrgreen:
+1

jackalope
03-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Me Too!!

Jeff
03-09-2013, 10:51 AM
I live about 45 minutes from there, but I have no room for any IBC's in my yard at this time. :(

greencycle
03-09-2013, 11:10 AM
I am new to aquaponics and this site but is there anyone else in the san francisco east bay area that is active here and or in the ap world?

it would be nice to meet someone locally, whenever i talk to someone around here about it (that are already into fishkeeping not ap) they look at me cross eyed crazy or are so stunned in bewilderment of what a cool idea it is they dont know what to say. (and then they go home to do a partial water change... lol)

had i not traded my sig sauer 9mm for 1500 gallons worth of tanks, i would have jumped on a few of those ibc's. it was my way of beating swords into plowsheares...