PDA

View Full Version : Constructing a system

kodacakes
02-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Maybe I'm blind or something but it seems like there is nothing online to read about the actual construction of a system. Particularly a subsurface continuous flow system. I know you can buy plans but it just seems silly to buy plans about connecting PVC to bins and tubs...I have looked at a ton of systems that people have posted but I either don't find any on the system I'm looking to make or they don't have anything in regards to parts and the process, just pictures of it completed and I'm not so much the handy time, I'm more the creative type so seeing a picture just makes me think of things I'd change rather than knowing the whole construction process. I'm sure it's painfully simple, I've helped someone with PVC before (an actual plumber/construction owner) so I know some things about working with it... I guess I'm just hoping to get pushed in the right direction or assisted.

keith_r
02-28-2013, 06:51 AM
there are a couple of free sets of plans online... travis hughey's "barrelponics" manual - my first system was based on his design..
there's also a free "ibcs of aquaponics" pdf that has some outstanding systems.. easy peasy to convert flood and drain to constant flood
http://ibcofaquaponics.com/

kodacakes
02-28-2013, 08:00 AM
I've already been sucked into the ibcaquaponics site! Thanks for that link! I don't know how I've never come across it before. I will check out the barrel ponics manual as well. Thanks a bunch for the info! :)

davidstcldfl
02-28-2013, 06:03 PM
I've already been sucked into the ibcaquaponics site!
:lol: ...Your one of 'us' now... :P

kodacakes
03-01-2013, 03:56 PM
I honestly don't think anyone else would understand how much this all sucks you in... I mean I'm 23... there is NO one my age that I can talk to about this stuff hahaha they're all busy going out or shopping while I'm nerding out researching every single aspect before planning everything out and verifying my plans and adding more things hahaha I'm just grateful my boyfriend has the same interests as me!!