PDA

View Full Version : Aquaponics Map - August Update

wild
08-15-2009, 04:19 AM
Aquaponics Map - August Update

Hi Everyone,

Here are the latest figures from the AquaponicsMap.com (http://AquaponicsMap.com)

It has now grown to 61 AP'ers who have listed their systems (up from 44 last month). Over the last month there have been a number of new US states added as well as a new country - Malaysia.

21 Australia/QLD
8 Australia/Victoria
3 Australia/NSW
3 USA/California
3 USA/Texas
2 Australia/Tasmania
2 Australia/Western Australia
2 USA/Florida
2 USA/Hawaii
1 Australia/Northern Territory
1 Australia/South Australia
1 Canada/Ontario
1 El Salvador
1 Malaysia
1 UK/Wales
1 USA/Connecticut
1 USA/Georgia
1 USA/Indiana
1 USA/Kansas
1 USA/Minnesota
1 USA/Montana
1 USA/New York
1 USA/North Carolina
1 USA/Utah

badflash
08-15-2009, 10:18 AM
One thing I noticed was that if you select a state, you can't navigate to other states and see what is there. It will only show locations of the selected state.

wild
08-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Badflash - correct, you need to click on a state to see all of the systems in that state - as opposed to moving the map to that state.

Reason for doing this is because most people will want to know who is around them - by limiting it by state, the "Find on map" function is useful - as it only shows people in tha state. If everyone is added onto the one map, then the "Find on map" becomes useless - as it would list everyone rather then just those in your state.

What would be a good idea is to also have a single map which lists everyone on it, for those that want to browse the world. So yep, will look at doing that!

Cheers, Andrew.

badflash
08-15-2009, 04:45 PM
I live close to what is referred to as the "tri-state area". NY, NJ and CT are all within 30 miles of me as the crow flies. Pennsylvania is only 45 miles away, so a map that shows more would certainly be useful to me.

stucco
08-17-2009, 03:12 PM
only 2 in florida :?:

klawrence
08-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Hello, I have a small geographic problem. I registered on the mapsite but someone decided to move Jamaica (where I am from) from the middle of the caribbean sea and drop it into southern England (click on find Jamaica). Does this mean I'll have to get a new passport? :D

wild
08-20-2009, 03:56 PM
klawrence - I think you don't need to get a new passport just yet. :)

I have fixed up the Longitude/Latitude to correctly place your marker in Jamaica!

stucco
11-23-2009, 04:25 PM
We haven’t seen an update from wild in a while.